Another housing question

<p>If a rising sophmore is currently living in Ridgecrest South and would like to choose a room in Ridgecrest East or West would this be different room same community selection on 2/25? This is what I was told a couple of weeks ago but upon reading housing’s email again - I just would !like clarification. Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>10scgirl: Here is the part you seem to be referencing:</p>

<p>Different Room, Same Community (you wish to move to a different room within your residence hall or related residence halls, e.g., change to another room in your building or move from one room in Highlands B to another room in Highlands C. During this room selection phase, Ridgecrest South Tower and Ridgecrest North Tower are considered one building, all Highlands buildings are considered one community, and all Bryce Lawn buildings are considered the same community.): 8:00 a.m. February 25-8:00 a.m. February 26</p>

<p>I read it to be: from Feb 25 -Feb 26, you can choose another room in RCS.
But, you can can check to see if you can change to another dorm that day. If the system lets you then obviously you can. No harm in checking early. :)</p>

<p>I think you will have to wait to change to the different bldg based on your hours.</p>

<p>Rising Seniors, Different Room, Different Residence Hall: 8:00 a.m. February 26-11:59 p.m. March 1</p>

<p>Rising Juniors, Different Room, Different Residence Hall: 8:00 a.m. February 27-11:59 p.m. March 1</p>

<p>Rising Sophomores, Different Room, Different Residence Hall: 8:00 a.m. February 28-11:59 p.m. March 1</p>

<p>We’re working on the assumption that RCS and RCW are NOT the same community. Nothing I’ve seen from Housing would indicate otherwise, especially since they made a point of saying that RCS-north and RCS-south are the same community, with no mention of East or West. But I agree with Cuttlefish - you can always check on the same community selection day to see if spaces in RCW are available to you.</p>