Another housing question

<p>I'm looking to transfer in fall '09 but I just talked to Admissions and they can't make a decision until after my winter term grades come out which will be late March (because I am on the trimester system). Will this affect my on-campus housing?
Thanks</p>

<p>If you have sent in the housing contract and fee, then no, it should not. They don't start assigning rooms for incoming students until May 1st or so, so you should have your decision before then, and if you need to, you can withdraw your contract, or you can finish up your preferences! :)</p>

<p>If you haven't sent in the contract yet... then you may be screwed. Unless the contract for transfers wasn't due Feb 2, although I'm certain it was.</p>

<p>I haven't sent in the contract yet because I didn't think I could do that until I was accepted. Am I wrong?? And if I can send it in before I'm accepted how would I go about doing that?</p>

<p>I looked for the contract online but all I could find was a pdf example of a contract. Anyone?</p>

<p>You won't get the housing contract until you are accepted. I don't think they start making housing assignments until May. My son's contract said it had to be returned in January to be guaranteed housing (but not any better spot in the assignment process). Not sure if the response date is fixed for everyone, or changes based upon your admission date.</p>

<p>^Actually, now that I think about it (and looked at the contract online again), I think that it might be based off of your date of your admission. I mean, there are freshman applicants who don't get their decision until March, so they'd be in the same boat, and there's no way they'd be able to get a contract in before then, nor should they be expected to.</p>

<p>Your best bet is probably contacting the Housing Office or Admissions and asking them, because I think your case might be a little unique. Division</a> of University Housing - Your Room Assigment</p>

<p>I think Pathetique has it right. When we called we were basically told that you "due date" varies by when you apply. I took this as kids who get in later will have a later "due date", as in X number of days after you get accepted you need to have it in. So if you are not in yet, dont worry, you will have time to get it in and have equal chance in the lottery...... I think :)</p>

<p>DJD</p>

<p>thanks! I was worried that I hadn't received anything about housing yet!</p>

<p>The situation for freshman is, they will continue to send out housing contracts based on space availability. When they run out, they send no more out. Generally, they will give you about two weeks to return it saying whether or not you are going with the dorms option. In my case, I received it early February and its due back by February 20th. Like I said, this is the freshman situation so it could be different for transfers.</p>