Another move in?

<p>So, I’ve changed the move in time twice already - currently they have 11 am on Sunday. Now they are talking about getting there Sat nite. S can check in on Sat nite, right? Is it at the front desk at the dorm? I would assume there would be a time limit, like 10 or 11 PM?</p>

<p>Move-in officially ends at 5PM each day. However, UA has a history of allowing students to move-in the night before, though there are no guarantees. </p>

<p>For those flying down to UA, don’t be worried if your flight is delayed and you miss your move-in time. It is understood that things happen and you should be able to find someone who will give you the 3 forms you’ll need to fill out and your keys.</p>

<p>So, where would they go to get keys the front desk? The dorms are open, they are just arriving earlier. I wish they would make a definite decision on when they are leaving. They haven’t decided which car they are taking. The newer car where the back seats fold down or the compact SUV. H doesn’t think they have that much stuff.Then I would book a hotel in T-town for H and S could always stay there if they got in too late to get into the dorm.</p>

<p>we will plan to drive all day and hope for moving in that night. that is what we did last year and it worked out pretty well.</p>

<p>So, general consensus is if they arrive before 11 PM on Sat nite they will be able to move in? </p>

<p>I think they will probably have to stop and sleep once in 16-18 hours, but I’m a little concerned about leaving all of S’s worldly possessions in a car in a motel parking lot anywhere between here and T-town, so I’d rather not have them do it a second night.</p>

<p>Tried to see if there were any cheap airfares to BHM Sat am leaving Sun nite- ha ha, but alas no. I really need to stop, H & S will be fine. H says he is still expecting to see me. I can wait until parents weekend.</p>

<p>Hi LD;
If your S can’t get his room key on Saturday night for some reason, my S will be there to let him in the suite. That way you could bring in anything you don’t want to leave in the car overnight.</p>

<p>I’m sure that is against some rule… but I guess Day One is a good time to break rules.</p>

<p>The desk attendant should be able to let you into your room without any issues.</p>

<p>My son has move in on Sat. morning at 8 am. Is there a possibility that he can get a key Friday afternoon/night? We don’t want to move in on Friday but would like to go in and start cleaning.</p>

<p>Crimson217: don’t worry about cleaning, the suite will be clean and maybe only need a light dusting It really is ready for move-in. They will not usually give out the keys early.</p>

<p>@Idinct My H is driving DD down next week with a stop along the way. She is bringing a trunk and a trunk sized plastic container, and H is planning to put them in the backseat. That way he can bring them into the hotel room overnight. We’ll have to keep our fingers crossed about the things in the trunk.</p>

<p>We have done the drive twice with all the worldly possessions and yes we have left it all in the cars while we slept and it’s was just fine. Last year we arrived in Tuscaloosa the night before…and not a thing was touched. The only thing DD brought into the hotel was her laptop. Good luck to all who are driving, flying and moving in. I am very glad we are done! Don’t forget to pack tissues…and don’t be surprised if it’s the baby birds pushing the parents out of the nest!</p>