Another new student housing complex in the works!

<p>[New</a> student complex planned for 69 South | TuscaloosaNews.com](<a href=“http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110726/NEWS/110729826/1007?Title=New-student-complex-planned-for-69-South]New”>http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110726/NEWS/110729826/1007?Title=New-student-complex-planned-for-69-South)</p>

<p>a new, 868-bedroom student housing complex on Alabama Highway 69 South.</p>

<p>cross streets …Kauloosa and 69 South</p>

<p>20.5 acres</p>

<p>It’s not close to campus …you’d need a car.</p>

<p>I think it’s a good thing to get students out of the older historical neighborhoods close to campus into more student-oriented complexes such as this. It will encourage more families and professionals to move back into the heart of the city, making Tuscaloosa a more vibrant place to live.</p>

<p>Yeah it seems as if they are going a little too far from campus. Luckily when I was at UA I lived close to campus which was close to everything and it kept me involved with the school. I’m afraid if more people move further away from the campus, they will lose that involvement having to drive so far. These new apartments do look nice though and I don’t blame students for wanting to live in a nice place while they are in school.</p>

<p>How far is this complex from school? I agree that if you go too far out, you tend to get disenfranchised and less involved with the school community.</p>

<p>I think it will be great for grad/law students.</p>

<p>It is on the south side of I-20…south of Skyland. It is about a mile or two west of where Walmart and Sams Club is.</p>

<p>If you know where Outback Restaurant is…it’s about 3 blocks south of that as the crow flies. It’s very close to where Comcast is located. Had to go to Comcast to get a DVR for son’s Bluff apt. </p>

<p>It is too far for undergrads…unless you’re a non-trad older student.</p>

<p>I don’t know. It just seems too far from University civilization.</p>

<p>This new development will be close to the Links of Tuscaloosa and the Boardwalk and Brittain Landing, where many students undergrad and otherwise live. With I-359, the commute is as long as some of the other popular on-campus jaunts (except during rush hour).</p>