Another UC Davis vs. UCSB decision

<p>I know there are already a million threads comparing these two, but I’ve gotta decide within the next week where I’m gonna go for the next for years. I’ve been to both campuses since I live in San Jose, so both are within driving distance but I’d be slightly closer to home at Davis, which would be helpful if I needed any help from my parents. I am leaning towards the biological and life sciences and am considering going pre-med or pre-vet, but a little unsure, would like a college that offers flexibility with its majors and in this aspect I’m told Davis crushes UCSB, but again that’s just from what I’ve heard. I love both Campuses a lot and I love running and biking and being outdoors, which is great at either. I’m not really much of a party kid though and UCSB’s reputation for that I’m worried might distract me or get people to think negatively on me. I love the beach, the mountains and the town of UCSB though, wheras I can see how someone could grow tired of Davis after a while. So far I have 4 friends that I know currently attending UCSB and 13 kids from my high school have committed and my cousin went there, while I only know a few people at Davis and one person from my school has committed there, so obviously there is a lot more pressure on me to pick UCSB. I also really want to get involved with jobs, internships and generally hit the ground running when I get into college early on, so opportunities to get involved with labs and professionals and the like is a huge factor for me.</p>

<p>Anyone’s advice and insight is appriciated. Muchas Gracias :)</p>

<p>ucdecisionkid,</p>

<p>What did you end up deciding on?</p>