Another Wonderful Honors College Visit

<p>I know it has been said before, but my DD and I were amazed by the treatment and hospitality of the university staff during our Honors College visit last Friday. It is hard to believe the amount of personalized attention that the UA Honors College provides to prospective students. </p>

<p>Allison planned a wonderful day for DD, a high school junior who will be pre-med but does not want to major in biology. Our day included a one hour meeting with Dr. Wingo, (professor of kinesiology/exercise science), a discussion with Ms. Perkins (pre-med advisor), and DD attended an honors humanities class led by Dr. Herwig. We had lunch with a freshman honors student who is also pre-med with a non-biology major, a tour of the honors dorm (Ridgecrest South) and a general tour of the university. </p>

<p>Walking around campus after our tour, several students stopped and asked if we were visiting and told us how much they love UA. A couple people even said they have classmates/friends from Chicago - including one from a neighboring suburb. After this visit I’m all but certain DD will be heading to Tuscaloosa in the fall of 2013.</p>

<p>I want to offer a special thanks to M2CK for bringing UA to our attention!</p>

<p>I never tire of hearing these stories. UA is indeed a wondrous place.</p>

<p>Welcome to the family, ChicagoBear.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congrats to you and your daughter! Roll tide. :)</p>

<p>Welcome and Congrats!</p>

<p>I love these stories as well. Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>OK now I have to share a bit about our last visit as well. </p>

<p>Our family visited over HS spring break as my husband had not yet been to UA. Allison set up S sitting in a another class, provided for us to hear Coach Saban speak, provided parking passes for each day we were on campus (yes those are very nice to have) and invited us (our family) to attend the Honors College tailgate before the spring game. </p>

<p>My S is no longer a “prospective student” to be recruited and is already Bama Bound and the Honors College knows that but yet still provided for us :slight_smile: </p>

<p>At the Honors College tailgate several of the students went out of their way to introduce my son to others. My son ended up playing frisbee on the quad with a handful of students and then actually went into the game with his newly acquired friends.</p>

<p>What a wonderful, friendly place BAMA is!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Y’all need to go ahead and buy t-shirts. You’ll be amazed at how many “roll tides” you get when you wear them around - no matter where you live.</p>

<p>Welcome :)</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>True! Whenever I wear a Bama shirt in California, I always get lots of Roll Tides. :)</p>

<p>So glad to hear that everyone’s visits went well!</p>

<p>Roll tide! :)</p>