Any advice for an international student?

<p>Hi, I'm writing this post on behalf of an exchange student from China currently staying with my family in MN. She is applying to college in the US, wants to major in engineering, and is very interested in Purdue. Does anyone have any advice on the admissions process or any input on what kind of standardized test scores are needed for an int'l student to get into Purdue? Also, is there any hope at all for financial aid of any kind? I have been trying to help her with this process, but know very little about engineering programs and international admissions. Any information would be great. Thanks everyone!</p>

<p>Admission is fairly straightforward, the application is easy to fill out and admission is basically numbers based. Unless you are a super top student dont expect to much financial aid. To be a safe bet this late (Purdue has rolling admissions) I would think a 1300 math+verbal with a 3.5ish gpa would be great.</p>

<p>I recommend that your exchange student talk with the Women in Engineering staff at Purdue. Purdue began actively recruiting women into their engineering program several decades ago, so the program is well established. The people there can probably either answer your questions or obtain answers for you. PM me if you can't locate the contact information on Purdue's website.</p>