ANY chance at A&M?

<p>Hi everyone. I am a high school senior and I just applied to A&M about 2 weeks ago. This is my dream school, I am willing to do anything to get accepted here. I am out of state and toured the college last winter which I know looks good to them and was listed on my application. Here is my info:</p>

<p>2.52 gpa uw and about a 3.2 w (bad sophomore year and not a great freshman year) but improved my gpa to a 3.6 junior year and currently a 3.8 senior year.
I have taken almost all honors classes throughout high school and one AP this year (my school is very small and does not offer many)
My class size is 25 students so I am assuming I am in the top 25% although they do not rank.
I have been involved in numerous clubs (student leadership, debate, DECA, environmental, history) and have learned 4 foreign languages throughout high school (French, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and Italian). I also play piano and guitar, and take boxing/kickboxing. I have around 60 hours of community service. I worked a 35 hour per week job at Best Buy as a seasonal employee and then worked a 25 hour per week commission based job at Younkers.
I got a 23 on the ACT and have taken it 3 times but my scores have been consistent. I have high reading scores (30) but my math score is what has kept my ACT score at an average. My math score was around a 20.
I think I wrote pretty strong essays, and also had a letter of recommendation mailed in even though it was not required.
I went on Princeton Review "Can I get in" and it says reach, although had I gotten a 24 on the ACT it would have been a match, so I was pretty bummed out about that.
Do I have ANY chance at this school? Any info would be helpful.</p>

<p>1) check if you’re in the top 10% and if your class size is 25… what high school do you go to…?
2) if you’re in top 25% you need a much higher ACT score (30ish i think?)
3) have you taken the SAT?
4) if youll do anything to get in, go to blinn, or a local community college and transfer in later on. </p>

<p>As of right now, if you’re in the top 25%, you won’t be an automatic admit… and I don’t think you have much of a chance. I could be wrong though</p>

<p>Blinn could be a good option if A&M fails. It’s like being at A&M because of the proximity to campus and I know people who go to Blinn and say they go to A&M and nobody knows the difference! You could check out the Blinn Team program which I do not know much about, but I believe it is a combo of A&M and Blinn courses
Good luck! :)</p>

<p>I go to a very small private school. Like I said, my school doesn’t rank. But I am assuming then that A&M will rank me? I am definitely interested in the Blinn program if all else fails. But I believe that is a 2 year program. I know there is also the option of doing 1 year at another A&M school and then being accepted to A&M with a certain GPA from that school. Does anyone know the likelihood or percentage of people who are given the Blinn Team or other A&M school option rather than just getting flat out rejected? I’m curious. I applied to 10 other big schools, so hopefully if I don’t get into A&M I can go to one of these schools and transfer later on down the line.</p>

<p>I don’t think your high school GPA matters much since most colleges will recalculate your GPA with their own formula (most likely only core classes will count). It is more likely for universities to accept out of states students anyways so I don’t think you need to worry much. I got accepted into 13 “big” universities, in and out of state, without even paying a penny for my applications! And I don’t know four different languages like you do so don’t you worry! :)</p>

<p>-N</p>

<p>The 3 most important things are class rank, gpa, and act/sat scores. This is what admissions counselor told our tour group. I would have to agree, it is a reach for sure. What major are you applying to?</p>

<p>I was in the top 60% of my class, but I was involved in three clubs, had a lot of community service and had good test grades (2020 SAT, 30 ACT). I also got into Mays. You never know what A&M is expecting depending on your major, just make sure your essays were good, explained your circumstances well, and hope for the best. If I can do it, anyone can.</p>

<p>You had high test scores. Thats what got you admitted.</p>

<p>I got a call from corps of cadets today asking if I am “still planning on attending” this fall and if I’m interested in corps of cadets? I was a little confused seeing as I have not received a admissions decision yet. Does anyone know about this? Also, does anyone know about how long it will take to receive a decision? I have been accepted to both University of Alabama, and University of Kentucky already.</p>

<p>If you are interested in the Corps - that may help your application.</p>

<p>It can take a while to hear back if you are in review, anywhere from now until February. After then you can assume you have not received full admission. PSA which is what you were referring to about the system school way of admission usually goes out in bulk from then on. Have faith I’d never say you don’t have a chance. PSA is almost a guaranteed option as opposed to getting flat out rejected.</p>