Any chance for SJSU Computer Science for Class 2026?

CSU capped GPA 4.25, local to SJSU, math GPA unweighted 4.0

Thanks

Are you a resident in CA? I am not sure about CSU, but UC will try to accept more in-state than previous years.

Yes, I am in Bay Area. Good to learn that UC will accept more in-state students.

Freshmen Impaction Results | Admissions says that the most recent admissions cycle (for frosh entering fall 2021) had a threshold score of 3400 for CS.

The index used is CSU GPA * 800, with +200 for local area applicants (graduate high school in Santa Clara County). There are +40 for each of first generation to college, military status, or eligible for fee waiver.

Note that the more recent threshold of 3400 corresponds to a CSU GPA of 4.25, which is what you say you have. The threshold can change from year to year based on how competitive the applicant pool is. If you will graduate high school in Santa Clara County, you will have an eligibility index of 3600, equivalent to a CSU GPA of 4.50.

So you have a chance, but it is not assured, since the threshold can change competitively each year.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! In this case, Is software engineering more safer for me?

Computer Science is highly impacted. My son got the similar GPA to yours last year. Last year was abnormal in admissions everywhere.
He did not apply to Berkeley, Davis or SJSU, but he applied to LA, SB, Irvine and SD. He got in UCSD CSE. It was incredibly tough.
Just because you have a similar GPA to my son, you may have a chance at UCSD computer science. I don’t know how it works, but Good luck!!

I am afraid no uc will admits me.I don’t have much good ECs .If SJSU could admit me, I will be super happy

Is Merced or Santa Cruz as well regarded as SJSU?

I don’t want to rank the schools, but I think all these schools are good. Merced is pretty new so I don’t know much about it. Santa Cruz has a good CS program. What I like about Santa Cruz is that they are group of liberal art colleges just like UCSD.

CS at any of the UC’s and many of the Cal states will give you a great education and good job prospects post graduation. CS is highly employable and school name plays little importance other possibly landing your first job.

Regardless of which school you attend, utilize the resources and opportunities that are available to you and you will do fine.