Any chance to get in Tulane if ED?

Hello, I am an international school student, and my curriculum is British GCE. My predicted score may be ABC or BBC. My IELTS score is 7.0, do I have any chance if I want to apply to Tulane in the ED round?

3 Likes

Does your school have a history of sending students to highly selective schools in the US? Will you be applying for financial aid (Tulane limits FA for internationals)? Do you have an SAT/ACT score?

What do you like about Tulane?

@myos1634?

2 Likes

What 3 subjects? What major are you thinking of?
Tulane would likely expect AAB or AAA, especially if you need FA.
If you don’t need financial aid, ABC makes it a high reach verging on the impossible and BBC would make it totally out of reach.
Any chance you can switch out of the “C” subject and take another one where you might have better odds of an A?
Wih AAB, you’re within range for Dickinson, Whitman, Brandeis, SUNY Geneseo, UMN Twin Cities Honors or UKansas Honors.
With ABC, you’re within range for Penn State (depending on major), Cal Poly Pomona, Cal State Chico Honors, WWU, SUNY Albany, SUNY New Paltz, Marist, Fairfield, Muhlenberg, Elon, Wooster, Centre.
Wih BBC, you’re within range for Ohio Wesleyan, Cal Poly Humboldt, Sonoma State, CNU (VA), Mary Washington (VA), U Wisconsin Milwaukee, UMN Morris, UMaine Orono, UNC Asheville, Knox, Drew, Earlham, Luther.

1 Like

Physics B, Mathematics C Chinese A

I don’t consider about FA

Does this mean your family can pay $70,000 a year or more for your college education here?

You can’t get in if you don’t apply.

You can’t get in if you need significant aid because:

Tulane offers up to $25,000 in need-based financial aid to international students who qualify and who have not already been awarded that amount or more in merit scholarships.

Do you mean your parents can pay anything or just that you don’t want to think about costs ?

What major would you apply to?

Politics related. I just thought private schools had a more holistic evaluation than public schools.

If you want to apply to Politics, you dont need math at all, you need History or Goverment or any of the many Humanities/Social science A Levels.
Chinese+ History or Political Science or Economics… would make total sense for that major.
Is there a way Maths can be seen as an AS Level and you can take another subject for A Level, more in line with your choice of major?
Yes, private schools have a more holistic process but everyone at Tulane is an A student (A&B in the CGE context) and has solid extra curriculars (we don’t know what they are for you but I assume they’re solid too.)
An issue is that either you’re applying for Humanities and Social science, and your C in Maths isn’t a big deal but your A Levels don’t match that choice of major (and at Tulane where they admit to Newcomb first, they may wonder if you’re trying to “game the system” and get into a more competitive STEM major with a C in A level Math), or you’re applying for STEM and the C in Math will hurt you.
Another component to your application will be your iGCSEs - if you took them in the 1-9 system, they should all (* ) be 5 and above, with most at 6 or 7 (or higher).
(* ) religion or physical education, if required by your educational system, do not “count”.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the helpful information.