Any chance?

Hi,

I really want to major in Computer Science so I thought VTech would be best for me since I live in Richmond side area. I have 3.65 GPA out of 4, I am a senior right now taking 5 APS and overall I have 8 APs ( including major courses like calc, physics C, comp sci etc) in my transcript. I am in 3 honor societies, 5 clubs and I took 3 years of Comp Sci already so my transcript strongly speaks im into Comp Sci major. I got 1250 on my SAT that I took last summer but I am taking one soon. Do I have any chances to tech? I know theres no such thing as exact GPA needed to get in but I wanted to ask experts down here to see if I have any chance in tech.

Thanks,
Telemus.

GPA is weighted btw

Well, I will have to give you the obligatory "your GPA & SAT is lower than the average " spiel. However, contrary to what the overly paranoid applicants on this site will tell you, you are MORE than your stats. Level of passion and interest is something that they look at when considering applicants. Having taken AP Calculus & Physics-C with three years of computer science before your senior year speaks volumes about your dedication. Many people shy away from those classes because they fear that It’ll hurt their GPA but admissions can see through this and it backfires on them. You are below average, but you’d still have a chance (so long as you didn’t come out of Northern Virginia with their grade inflation). I would definitely apply early decision and do all of the optional essays so they can see how serious you are. Best of luck!