any chances for me ? ( intl student )

<p>I'm an intl student from Asia, and I'm thinking about applying to UW
Plz read my profile :
GPA : quite good
SAT: 1800 (490 CR, 540 V, 770 M) - quite bad :(
SAT II: Bio 760, Math 1 780, Math 2 780
AP/Honors: N/A . But I got the Bronze Medal in the Intl Biology Olympiad.
Extra Activities :
Some volunteer work, culture exchange program, Biology Clubs, playing Piano. I was a Biology and Math tutor for few years.
Any chances for me ? I know that I got bad SAT score and weak EC's.
Thanks for reading.</p>

<p>On your GPA, how good is “quite good”?
How is a rank of 10/230 top 1%? (It is a good rank, though).
If you were a domestic applicant, I think you would be accepted on the basis of your GPA, rank, and great SAT subject test scores. Your ECs aren’t bad. I don’t know what the standards are for internationals.</p>

<p>Thanks greenblue :smiley:
Because the GPA scale in my country is different from that one in US, so I don’t know how to convert it. My GPA is 9.0/10</p>

<p>Try converting with 4.0 = A, 3.0 = B, etc. Add/subtract 0.3 points for plusses and minuses (A- = 3.7), or in your case scores close to the margins of a grade cutoff. I don’t know how you should determine the corresponding letter grade. I believe NY state uses the 100 point scale, someone from there could probably tell you how they convert to the 4.0 scale. Also remember UW uses unweighted grades, meaning no extra points for honors et al. I would put your class rank as top 5%. If your studies are not in English your verbal/writing scores could suffer and UW would probably take that into account. Always remember that you have a zero chance if you DON’T apply, you may get in if you do apply.</p>