Any classes left?

<p>Hi - my son will be going to orientation the last week of June. Will there be any classes left open for him to sign up for? He is undecided in his major so not sure that will help/hinder in whatever leftover classes there are to register for…</p>

<p>Oh, definately. They open a few more seats in most of the classes during each orientation. There shouldn’t be any chance of him not having any choices. Don’t think options will be as good as first orientation, but there’ll still be plenty.</p>

<p>Heads up – after he does orientation, WebReg (the registration program) opens up more classes every Thursday morning for freshman. If he doesn’t get what he wants during orientation, he’ll still have a month to get something better.</p>

<p>That is such a relief! Do most people use rate my professor dot com to help choose their professors or is there another/better way to find out more info?</p>

<p>UA has a site similar to RateMyProfessors, but it doesn’t have a comment section. To find it, go to the home page, click “UA Students,” click “Academic Information,” click “Faculty Profiles,” then look at the “Teacher/Course Evaluations.” (Sorry about not posting a link – I haven’t mastered that on this site yet!)</p>

<p>RMP is still a pretty good site. I use it, and so far, I’ve only found one teacher I have who isn’t on that site. Also, ask around about professors. Post on these forums, and someone will probably know some of them. Don’t know where you live, but I’m lucky enough to be in Arizona already, so I can just drive down and meet most of my professors.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I never realized people actually went and met their teachers before classes began.</p>

<p>^ I only did because I know a professor there personally, and he recommended several and mentioned me to them, so they were expecting me to come around. Some people do it, though. No harm, anyhow.</p>