Any EA Decisions Yet?

<p>I applied Early Action, and got an e-mail today from the admissions person that said she really enjoyed reading my essay, reviewing my application, etc. I'm assuming everyone got this, but in any event, it sounds like they're getting close. I was wondering if anyone got accepted/rejected/differed yet?</p>

<p>ED decision–the snail mail STILL hasn’t arrived. Admissions officer had told my D to call the office—</p>

<p>She’s IN. Whew!</p>

<p>Congratulations to your daughter! It must be nice for her to know that her college search is done so early in the process; I know our son felt that way when he got into Hampshire ED. Only downside: even more time for Senioritis to kick in.</p>

<p>ci0616 - EA doesn’t notify until January 15 so you’ve got a while yet.</p>

<p>Congratulations mothek!</p>

<p>Are you sure amtc? I read on the website it was February 15. And while that may be the case, i’ve already gotten one decision back from a school before the deadline.</p>

<p>According to [Deadlines</a> and Notifications](<a href=“http://www.hampshire.edu/admissions/11862.htm]Deadlines”>Deadlines and Notifications | Hampshire College) there is a second ED period that has a notification date of February 1. That is followed by the EA notification date of February 15. I didn’t realize that there were two ED periods, but if that is the case then it makes sense that the EA notification date follows.</p>

<p>Thanks for the good wishes…ci0616, it may be a longer wait for your EA decision than you’d planned, but on the other hand I think it’s a good sign that the admissions officer emailed you. Our D got very friendly, positive emails from the admissions office immediately after her interview, and again when they were reviewing her app. My husband remarked, “Either they’re really sadistic or they genuinely liked her application.” </p>

<p>amtc and ci0616, don’t be shy about calling on the “official date”–D didn’t receive her package in the mail until the 17th!</p>

<p>Yes, sorry, I confused Hampshire with another school to which my daughter applied EA.</p>