Any Early Action Decisions yet?

Accepted. GPA: 4.25 ACT:28 OOS

1 Like

My transcripts were sent prior to app being sent and I did not send letters of rec.

When did you apply?

Daughter accepted today- OOS, transcript sent to IU on 9/30

2 Likes

Does your acceptance pop up in the portal? Or do they email you?

For me it just popped up in my portal and said congrats on your acceptance. They also said that they would email me within a week about further steps. So just keep checking your portal

I applied the 1st week of Sept.

Just a Congratulations sentence in the portal. They will send more in a week or two.

Daughter was accepted in-state on 10/18. Applied 9/27. GPA 3.99 UW/4.17 W, 1520 SAT. Also received notice that she will be receiving materials to complete the Selective Scholarship Application shortly.

where in the portal did you see the congratulations sentence?

where in the portal?

Accepted

Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask when you applied?

My daughter applied 10/3 and was accepted through her portal 10/27. OOS.

Congratulations!! And thanks for the date info - very helpful.

Would anyone know if there is a pattern to why some people get accepted into IU within 3 weeks while others get their admission after a month

Applied on 10/10; Email confirmation of Completed Application on 10/16; OOS; no test scores submitted; Admitted today 11/2 through portal stating email will follow in a week; Kelley Petition pending.

1 Like

Congrats! I submitted my application on oct 31 so I’m gonna have to wait for a while. It must be ncie to know you got into a college lol

Good luck to everyone! Does anyone know when OOS merit awards are received? Accepted and received an email confirmation but no snail mail yet, but no mention in the email of merit based aid and nothing in the portal. Does it come separately in a letter or if the email does not mention does that mean no merit? I know they range from $1K to $11K for OOS, but I did not know when the amounts are determined.

Also if anyone has petitioned for Kelley (not an automatic direct admit) has anyone received a response? I think stats qualified students (based on GPA and test scores) receive notice in 2-4 weeks, but I did not know if petitioned students (did not submit SAT or ACT) take longer or should expect approximately the same turn around. Applied 10/10; Submitted Kelley petition on 10/28; Accepted 11/2. I assume Kelley would not even review the petition before 11/2 acceptance. Thinking early to mid December, maybe? Any info helps.
Thanks.

2 Likes

To the extent it helps anyone, the Scholarship office said that if you applied by November 1 (I think the deadline for being considered to these scholarships), they would send out any Dean’s Scholarship awards for OOS starting in mid December through February. I hope this helps.

4 Likes