any east coast applicants?

<p>I was just wondering if anyone from the east coast on CC was applying.. I'm from MD... I've never been further west than pittsburgh (besides the west coast) really so I don't know how much I would like it if I went (I'll definitely visit UW if I get in)</p>

<p>Im from CT but I have relatives in Madison and have been there a bunch of times so its not like a really foriegn place to me...but its a great place and you should consider at least visiting</p>

<p>I grew up in Central Pa (16 years), went to undergrad in Pittsburgh (4 years), spent my MS (2 years) in North Carolina and am now in Madison. I only visited once before I moved here and it really starts to grow on you as a great college town. It is colder here than in MD in the winter (well, even the fall it seems) and there aren't as many big cities around (as you are close to Baltimore, DC, Philly, etc. in MD) but there is a lot to do regardless.</p>

<p>You wouldn't be able to go home quite as often as your classmates, but it seems like there are a fair number of students from all over the country here. For example, I teach students from as far as Vietnam. You wouldn't be out of place here, there are people from much further away outside of their comfort zones.</p>

<p>I'm applying from Maine.. have a lot of family in and around Madison.. and most of my relatives went there otherwise I probly wouldn't have even checked into the school. Good thing I did though!</p>

<p>i applied this year im from just outside Philly</p>