Any Fall 2009 postponed people get a final answer yet?

<p>To help those who are still waiting for their postponement decision, please post the following:</p>

<p>Date you mailed in mid-year grades:
Date you received your decision:
Were you accepted?
College and major:
ACT/SAT/GPA:
Likely college you will attend if turned down by UW-Madison:</p>

<p>Good luck to all who are still waiting on Madison's decision!</p>

<p>Date mailed in mid year grades: Early Feb...It says received as 2/13/09 on myUW
Date you recieved you decision: I was postponed in mid December...still waiting
Were you accepted: still waiting
College and Major: Poly Sci, Undecided
ACT/GPA: 28/3.6
Likely college you will attend if turned down by UW-Madison: Marquette</p>

<p>Date you mailed in mid-year grades: January 21
Date you received your decision:January 15
Were you accepted? waiting
College and major:Liberal arts, biology
ACT/SAT/GPA:31/3.2
Likely college you will attend if turned down by UW-Madison: UIC honors or Ohio State</p>

<p>anybody have an idea of when we should expect a decision?</p>

<p>I know it says by or on March 15th but when will they start looking at the postponed ones again and start sending out decisions?</p>

<p>Answering for my d
Sent in January 28th
Undeclared Liberal arts
ACT 27 GPA w 3.6
Have not heard.</p>

<p>A friend got in in Early January without submitting mid term. He was defered, then offered. Lower GPA than my d, and lower ACT. had extraordinary extra curricular. Started an amazing charity.</p>

<p>they have already started looking at them last week. no clue when decisions are out. Its going to be 3 more weeks max</p>

<p>Date you mailed in mid-year grades: 2/5/ not confirmed
Date you received your decision:waiting postpone in late december
Were you accepted? don't know
College and major: Engineering
ACT/SAT/GPA:30/1910/3.5
Likely college you will attend if turned down by UW-Madison: Minn, Purdue, Michigan...if i get in.</p>

<p>Date you mailed in mid-year grades: 2/27
Date you recieved your decision: still waiting
Were you accepted? still waiting
College and major: Economics
ACT/SAT/GPA: 1950/ 3.7
Likely college if turned down: Rutgers, Maryland, NYU</p>

<p>I only got postponed about 2 weeks ago, and it said "recieved" on the status site before I even sent in the midyear grades, so I don't know whether they actually got the ones I sent yet. I don't expect to hear anything before march 15.</p>

<p>Daughter's mid-year grades were mailed on 2/12. Her admission status page just changed today to "mid-year grades received 3/4/09". Her admission status still shows postponed.
I guess it will go down to the 3/15 deadline - only a few more days of waiting!.</p>

<p>Out of State Postpones coming in...</p>

<p>^^^^^^^</p>

<p>How do you know? Did you recieve a decision just now?</p>

<p>Yeah, I bet everyone will hear on the 15th. They told me they have received less applications than last year, but my college counselor says that the colleges think that more people are going to choose their state school as opposed to private. So they are accepting less people, so they don't over admit. Will this make it easier or harder for postponed students? Also will they accept more in state or out of state at this point? What do you guys think?</p>

<p>Though I do not pretend to know what goes on in college admissions offices, I have heard that Madison is consciously making an effort to admit more Wisconsin natives than Minnesotans this year. I think this has something to do with getting more Wisconsin students, but also because MN has to pay so much less than other OOS students, so they are perhaps trying to cut down on people who can benefit. I dunno though, this is what my mother told me.</p>

<p>I have been postponed since october...I sent mid year grades, two new letters of recs but honestly if they cannot give me a decision by now, March 9th...I am moving on...I have been accepted to other great schools that I can move forward with...Tired of Waiting for UW!</p>

<p>Date you mailed in mid-year grades: March 4 (I live in the northeast)
Date you received your decision: ---
Were you accepted? ---
College and major: Poly sci
ACT/SAT/GPA:29/1980/3.7
Likely college you will attend if turned down by UW-Madison: Tulane, Miami, Rochester? </p>

<p>Eh, maybe if I wrote the statements I would have been accepted :-. Did anyone else think that they were optional?</p>

<p>I'm getting nervous</p>

<p>"Did anyone else think they were optional?"</p>

<p>No.</p>

<p>If we haven't heard by now are we at a disadvantage?</p>

<p>nobody heard yet. so no</p>