Any Fall 2009 postponed people get a final answer yet?

<p>Wow.....I just got a letter saying I was rejected.....UW was my #1 choice.....I still cant believe I got rejected. FML</p>

<p>3.6 gpa and 33 act</p>

<p>oh ****....</p>

<p>sublimo are you out of state or in state</p>

<p>I have a 3.6/28 and am from northern WI</p>

<p>if your in state i think i pretty much have no shot then crap</p>

<p>and what did you say your myUW looks like? there is a status details button or there isnt?</p>

<p>sublimo said his was still there</p>

<p>How could they reject a 3.6 gpa and 33 act and accept the girl from LA that had a weighted 3.6 and 27 ACT! No offense to her but what a bummer to sublimo! I guess the name of the game is that you have to send emails to the admissions people saying how much you are interested! Sounds too political for me!</p>

<p>OOS</p>

<p>Im so *<strong><em>in *</em></strong>ed right now, why would they defer me if iven if I get a 3.9 first semester they still reject me??</p>

<p>thanks for the support guys, I hope you all get in</p>

<p>ya my status button was still there</p>

<p>i have a 31 and a 3.2. my status button didnt go away...i feel very sad now. im oos</p>

<p>maby wisc never actually got ur 7th semester grades? that may be the problem</p>

<p>i dunno maybe</p>

<p>little unrelated but my hs counselor showed me a sheet about UW admissions this year</p>

<p>there was a little under 25,000 applicants (3 % decrease)
11% decrease in In-State applicants
1% increase in out of state applicants</p>

<p>So im guessing this is decent news for me since im instate</p>

<p>Postpones will almost certainly find out this week. I believe the out-of-state students find out first. The university has to rely on a certain percentage of OOS students to balance the budget, so these may get priority. If you are deferred or not accepted you will be given the option to remain in the pool for further consideration if they have more spots that become available. For the last two years admissions has drawn from people that remained in this pool. Some postpones have found out already, so they are working through the system.</p>

<p>oos....status button unchanged.....is that it ?..........I'm done ?</p>

<p>rhcpka what r ur stats</p>

<p>3.7 gpa...1300 sat...27 act</p>

<p>hmmm...pretty decent stats. idk if they could deny that</p>

<p>^Do you and others not realize there's more to admissions than those two (sometimes three) numbers? Do they matter? Certainly, but there are other factors.</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone who's postponed hasn't gotten their answer yet. It'll come; just be patient! :]</p>

<p>rhcpka we have almost the same stats.</p>

<p>And Pathetique, I don't think much matters besides those three numbers. </p>

<p>I didn't write either of the statements (Which were required I later found out) and I didn't get rejected. I know a lot of students didn't get rejected in the priority round, but still, those three numbers mean a lot.</p>

<p>OOS
29 ACT
3.3 gpa unweighted
good recs good esssay good extra curriculars
still can see my status details and it still says postponed... bad sign?</p>

<p>Date you mailed in mid-year grades: late february
Date you received your decision: february
Were you accepted? Dying to find out!
College and major: Arts and Sciences Undecided
ACT/SAT/GPA: 29/3.5
Likely college you will attend if turned down by UW-Madison: unsure </p>

<p>Does anyone know if it will be posted online or only by mail????</p>