Any Fall 2009 postponed people get a final answer yet?

<p>Madison handles the details for admission to the other UW school. Your son would just have to pick one to attend.</p>

<p>It's another form of guaranteed transfer program with the plus of having the same privileges as other UW -Madison freshman (athletic tickets, library, rereactional and union access etc) before actually on campus. The negative is that you have to commit to two years before a transfer instead of applying for transfer as after 24 credits as a sophomore.</p>

<p>Right now this option is causing some stress because it is one we had not considered before. My daughter planned on going to UMTC if she did not get into Madison but she is liking the idea of staying closer to home. (UMTC is 5-6 hours away but it is also a very good school)</p>

<p>I think S will still decide to go to UW Platt (if it were up to me I would choose MATC) since we live in the city and he could do Connections and save $. But..I don't know if he'll agree.</p>

<p>My daughter is the same. Will not consider any two year school and has reservations about Stevens Point.</p>

<p>I also saw the online campus part of the connections-I wonder if you can attend another college and take online classes and stay part of the Connections program?</p>

<p>The phone number for the director of the connections program was provided at the bottom of the agreement form. I am sure she could answer that question.</p>

<p>Still haven't heard anything from UW</p>

<p>I found out I was admitted online on 3/16. I received my admissions package today.</p>

<p>No change in status and no mail... bad sign or what?</p>

<p>I hope it's not a bad sign...</p>

<p>I called and they said they would update it at the end of the week, but some people already know... </p>

<p>Hopefully they are just doing it in random batches</p>

<p>They shouldn't report their decision date as Mar 15 if there are going to leave so many people still wondering on Mar 20 IMO</p>

<p>I got my letter today and sent in my deposit....</p>

<p>This is ridiculous. I'm done waiting.</p>

<p>Wisconsin is starting to annoy me, it's march 20th and I still haven't gotten anything in the mail and the online status is unchanged</p>

<p>for real... this is really annoying. anyone know of anyone having their status details link disappearing and then getting rejected because mine is just as it was 2 months ago postponed and still no mail... I really don't think its a good sign</p>

<p>Postponed in October. OOS. gpa ~3.6
First semester grades received 2/24/09...gpa >4.0.
additional rec also sent after postponed
Waitlisted 3/20/09. Status still listed as postponed!</p>

<p>Looks like she will be a Wolverine!</p>

<p>jillmd-you posted about being postponed back in Oct and I was postponed then too. You then said you were accepted to Michigan. That is great. I can't believe you have not been accepted at UW. I think they want you to beg for admission and say that you will go if they accept you. I sent a letter saying it was one of my top choices and sent add'l letters of rec but never sent the letter saying I will go if accepted since it was not true. I wanted to weigh my options. I think that is why I got the letter today that I was rejected. My stats are 3.6 UW 3.9W 30 ACT 4 AP s and tons of EC's. Their loss.</p>

<p>agree Roxy. their loss. Hope things work out for you>
where will you be headed?</p>

<p>Illinois - Engineering. Ironically I got in every other Engineering program that I applied to ... most outranked WI. Purdue, Maryland, Villanova, Clemson, Delaware, Penn St., Miami of Ohio, deferred at Michigan. Illinois was my # 1 anyway. I would have considered WI had they not postponed me in October. Got accepted at IL in December and moved on from there.</p>