Any Freshmen get closed out of dorms?

<p>Does the allotment of dorm rooms become full at some point, leaving late comers to fend for themselves off campus? Acceptance Brochure states on campus housing is offered, as available.</p>

<p>I think last year the number was pretty small–around 100 or so. Most were probably late waitlist admits.</p>

<p>If you get your contract in by the date they tell you to, which depends on the date you were admitted (I think), you are guaranteed housing. Housing is a lottery system. It doesn’t matter if you were admitted September 16th and turned in your contract soon after; you have no more priority than someone admitted March 15th who turned in their contract. It’s a lottery and random. So in that sense latecomers do not have to fend for themselves. </p>

<p>If they do get too many people in the dorms, what they will do is put people in the short course dorms and turn dens in to rooms. The people in the short course dorms are moved out first so that when the Shorties come, which isn’t until November, they have a place to stay. It tends to work out fine. This falls under expanded housing, and there should be a link to it on the Housing website. </p>

<p>I don’t think there has ever really been a problem with students being refused from dorms. I would say barrons has it right with 100 or so, and even that might be high (even so, it’s still probably not kids who turned in their contracts before the deadlines). As long as you get your contract in, you should be fine.</p>