Any Haitian Students?

<p>Okay, I'm Haitian & German but I love being Haitian!! Where are you guys going to school? and do you love being Haitian?</p>

<p>= )</p>

<p>p.s. I saw the CC African Students thread and felt inspired to create one for Haitians lol.</p>

<p>I'm Haitian!
I attend Florida A&M University and I'm currently a sophomore.</p>

<p>yay! thats cool. i applied there and was accepted but I cant leave the North lol. Im currently choosing between Bryn Mawr College and Boston University. Im visiting Bryn Mawr this weekend, and BU next week : )</p>

<p>Well i'm applying this fall to schools but GOOO HAITIANS! I admit i don't spend enough time with my haitian peeps because getting into great schools is hard work and I attend a predominantly white jewish private school which is highly competitive. (Sigh) I kind of want some banhnanh pezze right now. :-)</p>

<p>I know how you feel lol! I just had some sweet ones yesterday hehe :)
but we're are you applying to next year?</p>

<p>My list isn't finished yet but I'm applying to Yale (absolutely positively my first choice), Penn, columbia, Rutgers, Villanova, Williams, Wesleyan, Swarthmore, TCNJ, and some others</p>

<p>well i'm going to bryn mawr & taking classes at Penn. I've seen columbia-it's huge! Rutgers, villanova, TCNJ & Williams I haven't seen. But Wesleyan is beautiful and there parties are poppin! Lol, I've been to one-Swat is pretty cool its down the street from bryn mawr :) Good luck with Yale! my besties' going there soo i'm gonna be in new haven ALOT Lol .</p>

<p>are your besties haitian? i wonder how many haitians are in the IVY league...</p>

<p>nah, he's mixedd :), i wonder if there's other haitians going to ivy league's too Lmao</p>

<p>

I’m sure there are more than one might expect. I’m Haitian; attending Columbia University in the fall.:slight_smile: Also accepted to 2 other ivies: the University of Pennsylvania and Cornell University.</p>

<p>Congrats! what do u intend on majoring in ?</p>

<p>Ethnic Studies with a concentration in Human Rights…I want to be a lawyer:)…but I’m actually interested in that kind of stuff.</p>

<p>oo thats COOL . im majoring in French and Pre-Med, i wanna be a Medical Scientist (pediatrician/scientist)…i love science and people.</p>

<p>sorry to bring this back up
but i’m happy to see haitians here going to these great schools
congrats guys</p>

<p>Oh yes! I’m in absolute ecstasy. A thread devoted to Haitians. We’re awesome. :D</p>

<p>I’ll be attending Harvard, Class of 2014. </p>

<p>And I’m from Port-au-Prince, with the 'rents from Artibonite (Dessalines) & Ouest (Port-au-Prince). FOB status, yo.</p>

<p>lol
i’m from part-au-prince (gonaive)
i came to the US when i was 8</p>

<p>i’m a junior in HS</p>

<p>^You’re from Gon</p>

<p>in state schools
UMass’s (all of them)
BU
BC
Bentley
Suffolk
Northeastern</p>

<p>out of state
Penn state
U of Illinois
Uof Texas
Rice
Auburn
U.Mich</p>

<p><em>whistles</em> That’s quite the list you have there. Is there any reason in particular you’re applying to such a lengthy list of schools?</p>

<p>i’ll be narrowing it down to about 10-13 by the summer though
those are just the ones i have in mind</p>