Any Haitian Students?

<p>^All right. Best of luck to you. I’ll be re-checking this thread next April. Hopefully, there’ll be awesome news posted here. :D</p>

<p>YEAH HAITIANS! Ksmarmand, you and me have sort of bonded on this forum. It feels sooooooooo good to see Haitians doing big things and dreaming big. I must say, you are the most impressive Haitian I’ve ever met. haha. I’m also glad you’ve chosen Harvard. It’s great. I’m from Port-au-prince and came to America when I was four and have some family in gonaive, st marc, jacmel, and all over. (i miss it actually, some parts were so beautiful). I’ll be devoting the next decade of my life to preparing to serve my country (Haiti of course. :P) where I aspire to become a surgeon. I might just get involved in full-scale healthcare reform. In addition to this preparation, I’m going to try to enjoy these next four years. I’m deciding between Penn and Cornell (i only have to pay $2,000 to go!) Penn’s financial aid package wasn’t so generous, but I like it more than Cornell. And Bigredg, good luck to you in this crazy college process. Put your heart and soul into those essays and work extremely hard in getting some bangin’ test scores! You can do it!</p>

<p>^I’m planning on working in Hospital administration. Though that plan is not final, I will most likely spend my career in the legal side of health care. Eventually, I’d like to go back to Haiti to aid in the establishment of a system of hospitals, especially in Artibonite. Though my pending application for U.S. citizenship has not yet been cleared, once I do adopt another nationality other than that of my birth, I will lose my Haitian citizenship and my right to run for president (so I can’t be president of any country in the world :(). I’d love to work in the UN or, better yet, as a foreign service officer in the diplomacy branch and establish a series of multilateral agreements with some of our closer neighbors, which is why I chose to take Spanish instead of French, which I’ll take in college. I see you’re also interested in healthcare–that’s great to hear.</p>

<p>LET’S TEAM UP. AYITI FTW!!! :D</p>

<p>nice i like this</p>

<p>i no a couple haitians that are currently attending harvard, so once you’re there ksarmand, you won’t be the only haitian lol</p>

<p>and franchize, a good fried on mine that is haitian is considering cornell also, he’s just waiting on his financial package before he makes he’s decision but i’m pretty sure that’s where he’ll be this upcoming fall semester</p>

<p>i’m haitian and will be a senior in the fall. :)</p>

<p>^Woo hoo! There are even more of us here. :)</p>

<p>Any idea on where you’d like to apply?</p>

<p>OMG i just saw this thread and Im so happy that I did. I didnt think there were any Haitains in CC so now i dont feel as lonely anymore :).</p>

<p>Ok, so I was born in Port-au-Prince and came here when I was 6 year-old. I will be attending the University of Florida and Im am soo excited. My mom is soo proud of me, and being a true Haitain, she love to brag about it to her friends :D.</p>

<p>Congrats to all my Haitain that are going to great schools and doing big things!!!</p>

<p>UF? I’m so impressed! I would love to go there. What were your stats?</p>

<p>^abdc11, you can use the Stats Profiles feature on CC to look at the stats of accepted students. Here’s the link to the UF accepted students (class of 2014) page: [Stats</a> Profiles](<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/profiles/index.html]Stats”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/profiles/index.html).</p>

<p>Best of luck! :)</p>

<p>thnks. i’m new so i don’t know. :)</p>

<p>and about your last question. i think i’m applying to famu, ucf, fsu, and fau.</p>

<p>^Oh, all right! Thanks for answering. :slight_smile:
You’re staying in-state, I see. Any reason you’re not applying out of state?</p>

<p>And why not University of Miami?</p>

<p>i’m staying in state bc it’s cheaper and i can’t really imagine me going anywhere else. (not that i’ve done any research or anything). it’s already going to kill my parents that i’m going away for college. my two older siblings chose the CC route.</p>

<p>I’m not applying to UM because it’s expensive and I’m not sure if i’d get in.</p>

<p>and i forgot to mention usf. i’m also applying to usf.</p>

<p>where did you apply? :)</p>

<p>I applied to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, University of Chicago, Columbia, Georgetown (SFS), Macaulay Honors College at Hunter, St. Johns University, Howard, Hampton, and American (SPA).</p>

<p>I’m sure your parents are proud of you for striving to attend a four year institution. However, I do think there are institutions around the country that would give you some aid that would enable you to attend at a reasonable cost. PM me your stats or start a thread in the “College Search and Selection” forum so others can give you ideas on where to apply! :)</p>

<p>Wow. You must be sooooo smart!</p>

<p>I’m not as smart as most of the people on here. I’m like of average intelligence with a 1570 SAT. I’m not too sure of out of state schools that would give me aid with that, but if you know any, let me know please. :slight_smile: Here’s my chance thread:</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/946775-famu-ucf-usf-fau.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/946775-famu-ucf-usf-fau.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I’m Haitian American < meeee :)</p>

<p>^^Haha, not really. Compared to everyone on this website, I am quite average, if not mediocre. :o</p>

<p>With your stats, I’m not sure you’d get too much aid from OOS schools, so perhaps you should try applying to a private institution (that does give out some aid). Try and get your SAT up 200-300 points; you’ll have a much easier time getting money from some of your target schools then.</p>

<p>YESSSS!!! Haitians!!! yippeee!!!
So im only fifteen, i go to school at Sainte Rose de Lima and i hope to get into Brown one day! Im so happy to find haitians here! Bets of luck to you guys!
Peace and Love</p>

<p>Ahh legoo Haitians. @ksarmand my brother Samyr Laine who is competing in the Olympics this summer for Haiti graduated from Harvard in '06</p>

<p>And I really want to go to UPenn Im doing early decision there in the fall</p>

<p>I heard Georgetown University was good for IRN majors but not sure</p>