Any Honors Students looking for roommates? Male/ Non-Greek

<p>Greetings from Las Vegas! Our son is attending Bama in the fall. Honors Dorm. National Merit Finalist. Not really interested in the Greek system. Studious but also looking forward to making new friends/being more outgoing/ social. Anyone in need of a roommate in the honors dorm? Let us know.</p>

<p>What’s his intended major? There are lots of empty rooms, looking at other posts, in the Riverside complex. Plenty of engineering majors there if that’s his interest.</p>

<p>Hi! My daughter is in the same situation as your son. She’s a recently committed NMF. She signed up for housing on Friday but the system won’t let her create a profile. Maybe the system is down right now. I guess she will try again tonight. I think once the student creates a profile, they can check out other students’ profiles who are also looking for roomies? Is there a Facebook page for the honors class of 2016? It would be nice if she could meet a few people on line as she does not know a single person in Alabama:)</p>

<p>@NurseMBH - My son might be a possibility. Has your tried the roommate finder yet? They enter some information on their interests and it tries to match them up. If he enters some information there I can send mine out to take a look. To this point we have had a hard time getting him interested in spending much timr trying even though his sign up date is Thursday. Says he is “fine with whatever happens”. I know he checked out a couple of other guys but don’t know if he found anyhting yet.</p>

<p>@bayareacalimom - There are a few FB pages for the class of 2016. It is fairly easy to find honors kids of you just look a bit. Appears to be a lot of fairly active kids on it although many of them are not honors.</p>

<p>After you have made your housing deposit you can find out what date you can choose housing. The system is open on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I am guessing that if you just made the deposit you will be able to choose sometime after this Thursday. There are supposedly a bunch of honors suites available, though certain dorms are full already, including all the Ridgecrests. You cannot view available rooms until it is your selection time though. My son is selecting on Thursday and he will be in honors Electrical Engineering. Good luck.</p>

<p>NurseMBH - I talked to my son and e might be interested. PM me with a bit more information on your son’s likes and dislikes and I will pass it by him. I will PM you with a bit more info on my son so you can do the same.</p>