Any idea how the students are notified if they do or don't get in?

I know we were told after the last round of auditions the decisions would be made and students notified but I was wondring if they have to wait for snail mail or will emails be sent ?

My S said his status changed and that he was admitted to the University and offered a scholarship. We can’t tell if that means he was admitted into the MT program. Does anyone know?

was he originally accepted to the University or deferred? That sounds promising.

he was not originally accepted. His portal just said he had applied. It changed last night and he got an email from the University health compliance office saying as an admitted student he needed to fill out a health history form. That how he first found out his status had changed.

Decisions have been made; admitted students will receive a phone call. All students who auditioned will receive a formal letter in the regular (snail) mail with a decision. The students auditioning did exactly as we asked; they made it extremely tough for us to decide. This year has a fantastic candidate pool all around and it has left me so excited for the years to come- not only here at FSU but at all the programs. We are all getting some incredible talent and I can’t wait to see these names in playbills in New York… on tour… when the credits roll…

Thank you for a great audition season.
Michele Diamonti

Thank you Michele. I can honestly say you have the most professional and helpful staff out of the schools we applied. Thank you for being so accessible, all the time. SInce we havent yet received a phone call, I guess my D didn’t make the cut but it was a great experience.

Thank you @All4FSU for your response. I appreciate a member of the staff getting correct information out there. There are so many unknowns in this journey. I guess we will wait and see.

Ktmum13- Calls have not been made yet. It takes a day or two for us to get coordinated with other parts of the University. (and thank you for your kind words.)

Wow, Thanks for the clarification. You just gave us a little glimmer of hope :slight_smile:

Ktmum13 we are glimmering with hope too! Appreciate the post. Michelle, I truly appreciate the fact that FSU not only checks CC , but posts to put our minds at ease. It speaks volumes about the program and those who run it.

Looks like their Facebook page for the Musical Theatre Class of 2019 is filling up quickly with new faces added today or yesterday. Congrats to all who made this year’s cut.

I noticed that too @DITR20. I would assume by now all the calls have been made. Guess out of state tuition it is for us :frowning:

Any idea when BA notifications will go out?

All the calls have been made for Music Theatre. The official letters are being prepared and they will go out next week. I am happy to speak with any applicant, (or parent) regardless of admission status if you have questions.
BA applications are being read now and those notifications will go out via email and GetAcceptd messages next week.

Take care,
Michele Diamonti

Thank you @All4FSU

@All4FSU, how many will be selected for the BA Theatre program?

19MT96- we look for students that are the right fit for the BA program, so the numbers can vary quite a bit. I think it’ll be between 65 and 80 (definitely no more than that.) The last round of BA decisions won’t happen until July. We are reading the first round now, and there will be another one in mid April.

Michele - Just another parent’s voice to say thank you for the work you and your staff put into the audition process. Yours was one of the classiest of all, and it was much appreciated. I’m still wondering which one of you put the Athletic Department up to scheduling Texas State for the first home game this year, but that’s another conversation! :wink:

DaddyDoRite- I certainly can’t speak to the football question- I confess a love for watching women’s soccer, but that’s about where it ends, LOL!

Thank you for taking time to comment on our audition day. I have taken a couple of days to reflect and consider how I would like to answer. We are in an industry that, by it’s nature is emotionally difficult. Having to say no is not a whole lot better then hearing it. I have been lucky enough to have experienced many instances of people in this business being kind- to me and to one another; hopefully the auditions are an extension of this. It is important to us to have the atmosphere at auditions reflect the values that keep all of us (auditioners and auditionees) wanting to do this, rather then the aspects that make it challenging. Everyone who shares their talent with us is important and valued and we want to make sure they know it, regardless of the outcome.

Michele

Hi @All4FSU when do you expect the notification process to begin?