Any luck w/ returning housing this morning?

<p>Did anyone have any luck w/ the housing application this am for returning students? It just keeps saying (once we do get into the system!) that the application is not available. It is now 8.15 am… :(</p>

<p>Having issues here as well. Contacted Housing and (of course) they said they are having issues. They hope to have it resolved in 10-15 minutes.</p>

<p>Same problem here. I tried to call housing and the phone line has been busy so far…</p>

<p>I just got in again…got through Step 1, which is as far as you go, evidently, at this point. Step 1 asks for your student’s Cell phone #, email, and parents emails. THAT’S IT!? Yes, that is IT. Whew. What a let-down…</p>

<p>Try again. I was able to get thru and complete the requested info.</p>

<p>Yes, I was successful as well. Someone on facebook said there was a 15 minute delay due to server issues. As far as I could tell, it was at least working by 8:16.</p>

<p>This is what I have now
Step 1 - Complete Application: Completed
Step 2 - Complete Contract: No Contract</p>

<p>We got through after 15 minutes of hitting refresh.</p>

<p>Yeah, I’m kinda reluctant to leave the web page with that info on it!..it seems very odd that you don’t get a confirmation email or anything, or no way to print out what was submitted. I have to keep telling myself this is Alabama, and I have to take a chill pill.</p>

<p>aeromom- you will be fine. Thats basically how the app was last year for my son. Just a few questions and your done. Now you get to worry for a month or so if you kid makes the list. Breath, and relax. Happy New Year.</p>

<p>What amcm posted above is your confirmation. If it shows that under residential housing, you are good.</p>

<p>DS got in and completed just after 8:15. It would be a long commute from NY without housing next year.</p>

<p>Same here, I think I submitted at 8:17. Cutoff for rising sophomores was probably 8:16… LOL</p>

<p>Do you have kids who are freshman that are trying to get housing for their sophmore year? or are they going to be juniors next year? Also is it really that full that if you don’t apply with the 1st hour you won’t get housing? is honors any different or is that full also?
My son would be a honors freshman next year and I would like to understand the housing situation going in. Thanks</p>

<p>As long as your new freshman meets the deadlines, he will have honors housing. He will get it before these rising sophomores. That’s why the new kids have to meet the deadlines, so they can see how many (if any) they have available for the rising sophs (who don’t have housing scholarships). From what I gather, this is a bit of an unknown as the growth at the school has squeezed the housing. But there is a new dorm being built that should help relieve the situation. Not sure when it goes online.</p>

<p>I was told on the housing conference call a couple of months ago that Presidential 2 WILL NOT be ready for Fall 2013, so interpret that to result in quite a crunch, especially after Championship 15 on Monday night. </p>

<p>It is very true incoming freshman have little to worry about, especially if in honors housing. If not, get your ducks in a row ASAP. My current freshman S applied for housing when he finalized on UA in December of 2011, and he was able to select the building of his choice during room selection, but even then they were getting full during his selection window.</p>

<p>My real fear is this coming fall. He wants back on campus as a then rising sophomore, but we now will not know for a month and apartments are filling fast. I don’t want to pay a deposit on an apartment now to find he has been granted a room on campus.</p>

<p>Is there a map of the campus that has the dorms and blogs labeled on the map? </p>

<p>The map I found on the UA site has a legend that I can’t find,</p>

<p>I want a map that shows where the dorms are in relation to the academic buildings, stadium, GLOs, The Strip, etc…</p>

<p>I feel safe knowing my honors rising sophomore completed his app within 15 minutes of website opening. Should I actually have this confidence? Is there realistically any chance he will not get honors housing next year?</p>

<p>If I understand correctly, the timing or order in which kids recontracted for housing yesterday and forward has nothing to do with what order they will get the actual room. I don’t know how they do it though.</p>

<p>Here is link to interactive map of UA: [Interactive</a> Campus Map - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)
Zoom in/out and you’ll get a great lay of the land. Also, on right - hand side, use the “view all” feature and names of places will come up, and then will point you to the right spot. My one beef is there is no scale on the map, so you don’t have any idea of how far things are. Suffice it to say that you can walk campus top to bottom or side to side easily <15 min…or so…</p>