Any of the CC boys able to help my daughter with a mac?

<p>her computer is suddenly behaving badly. </p>

<p>dad usually helps out with these kinds of things.</p>

<p>There <em>might</em> be some CC girls who may be able to help as well…</p>

<p>^^ I was thinking the same thing! :)</p>

<p>yeah, i know. i was going to put boys or girls, but i didn’t.</p>

<p>Believe me, Mike, the boys will be lucky if they get there first. Your girl is such a beauty, I’m wishing I could send my son over, but I don’t think he knows Macs.</p>

<p>^^ Same here. DS is mac clueless. If she needs help with Battlefield Earth IV weaponry or ramen recipes, I hear chapel bells.</p>

<p>just got an update from her. her computer is completely dead at the moment. dad will fix it over thanksgiving. hopefully she is not too disabled without it for a few weeks.</p>

<p>^^^Seriously, though, have her bring it over to Nott Hall, and ask for the CBH lab manager. Those guys are awesome, and I’m willing to bet one of them may be able to help her. Good luck!</p>

<p>This happened to my daughter’s MAC a couple of weeks ago and she ran it over to the Apple Store. It is over 3 years old and she just knew it was fried. It was just a cable and only cost her $40 and less than an hour to fix.</p>

<p>the apple store in birmingham?</p>

<p>I’m betting the one in the Ferg.</p>

<p>ok, i will pass that info along. i wasn’t sure if they had knowledgable staff there or not.</p>

<p>my son’s word won’t open on his Macbrook Pro- just told me yesterday- supposed to take it to Apple store at Ferg- new computer as of July…</p>

<p>She took it to the one in the Ferg.</p>

<p>The IT department on campus will also work on computers. Check them out on the UA website.</p>

<p>I had Mac problems earlier this semester (it wouldn’t even turn on, turns out the logic board was completely dead), so I went to a place called the Tuscom off Queen City Avenue to get it repaired. They sent it to Apple and fixed it within five days. I had Apple Care so it was completely free, so I’m not sure about the pricing. But it was a really quick and easy fix that saved me a trip to Birmingham, where they would have probably done the same thing.</p>