Any one got into UCSD but not UC IRVINE?

<p>Any one got into UCSD but not UC IRVINE?</p>

<p>alot of my friends got that :(.</p>

<p>This is O/T, but when I saw your username and stuff, it looked kind of like Hamster-fying. Like the act of making something like a hamster or something. lol.</p>

<p>yes i know some ppl</p>

<p>What does o/t means?</p>

<p>off topic i think :)</p>

<p>I heard of someone not getting into UCSD, BUT got into UCLA! 0.o I was surprised and he was just as shocked, too! </p>

<p>UCSD but not UCI, that strange too! Keep in mind that SD uses a points system and UCI uses a holistic approach!</p>

<p>^^Nowadays, UCSD has reached the point where it’s now equally comparable to UCLA.</p>

<p>The admissions rate of UCI and UCSD have been fairly similiar and are moving even closer this year.</p>

<p>If you got into UCSD, worrying about why you didn’t get into Irvine should be a non-issue.</p>

<p>socal70, based on what? your own opinions?</p>

<p>“^^Nowadays, UCSD has reached the point where it’s now equally comparable to UCLA.” -Socal70</p>

<p>“socal70, based on what? your own opinions?” - hermanliu320</p>

<p>I can confirm what socal claims. I recently spoke with an electrical (optical) engineering professor at UC Davis, and he said that UC faculty is coming to the general consensus that UCSD has moved up to UCLA’s place as the rank 2 UC, and now the two schools are seen as (by UC staff, probably not by layman public) equally comparable, whereas earlier there was a clear distinction between #1 Berk, #2 LA, etc etc</p>

<p>I personally think UCSD has gone up but not to UCLA/Berkeley’s Level. UCSD still has nearly twice the acceptance rate, but that may be because less students apply to UCSD.</p>

<p>my guess is that UCSD’s admissions acceptance rate is going to drop singnificantly from the previous year - probably into the mid thirties.</p>

<p>Acceptance rate is not the measure of a school’s worth.</p>

<p>Example:
UCSD Jacobs school of engineering - ~30% acceptance rate?</p>

<p>Georgia Tech (powerhouse engineering school) - 50-60% acceptance rate</p>

<p>From this, you would probably infer that UCSD’s engineering is better than GTech’s. Incorrect. GTech engineering is top 5, UCSD is 11 (which, let’s be honest, is only that high because of its bioengineering).</p>

<p>A lot of people apply to UCLA because of its name, for the same reason a lot of people apply to HYPMS, even though their apps are crapshoots. This is especially true for OOS students. For UCSD, not so much, since it does not have much layman “name” based on its history.</p>

<p>I was accepted to UCSD but rejected to UCI. I feel super confused, I have always been told that UCI was easier to get into!</p>

<p>^ I guess times are changing…</p>

<p>Keep in mind that SD uses a points system, but Irvine does not. So maybe at SD you didn’t have a enough points to make the cutoff, but overall as an applicant you were worthy of admissions at UCI! =D</p>