Any other older freshman around?

<p>Hello All,
I just got out of the navy 3 months ago and got accepted for the fall of 2010. Now I got to make a housing decision like all the rest of you but I dont know what to do here. Would I be considered like the creepy old guy if I lived in the dorms? I would get an apartment but Im rather shy at first and I am thinking it would be hard to make friends living like that. I would also think that living on campus the first year would help me get familiar with the area to where i could get an apartment for the rest of my time. I dont know. Any suggestions or what not would be appreciated.</p>

<p>lol youd be like the brett favre of the group. nah im kidden lol, but i think you should live in the dorm. im just normal age for freshman, 18, but hell, i wouldn’t think twice about it if I had to room with someone a bit older. But then I can understand from your point, it might seem like… great I gotta room with little kids. IDK lol</p>

<p>oh yeah, btw ill only be 23 so it aint like im 30</p>

<p>=P lol we kno bro</p>

<p>You might try the dorm that houses transfer students. Being 23 would be weird in a freshmen dorm.</p>

<p>Call Res Halls offices during business hours and talk to them about your situation. They have been friendly in the past and a phone dialog may be the easiest way to clarify things for you. You may also try any campus vets organizations for their input- check the campus organizations site on the UW webpage.</p>