Any possible way to cut down the OOS tuition in any way?!

<p>I plan on applying to Bama as long as a few other OOS schools and a couple instate schools (even though I DO NOT want to go instate). I’m a senior in high school in Pennsylvania and plan on finishing my applications up sometime this month. Obviously one of the biggest concerns with colleges is the tuition and OOS tuitions have skyrocketed in the past 10 years. My parents can understand paying up to around 30k a year for OOS, but anything higher than that they aren’t really budging, especially since Bama is going to cost about 140k for 4 years there.</p>

<p>This may sound like a stupid question, but is there any way an OOS student can get a somewhat cheaper tuition or other expenses at Bama? My family won’t qualify for financial age and I KNOW I definitely wont be getting any scholarships to go here if I get in.</p>

<p>Tuition at Alabama will run about $21,000.</p>

<p>What you can do to help defray the costs of housing/board are:</p>

<ol>
<li>Live in a less expensive dorm. Some run $2500 a semester.</li>
<li>After your freshman year, you could live off campus in an apartment. That could help to reduce costs, as you can cook your own meals, as well as share the costs for rent.</li>
<li>Meal plan options are limited for freshmen, but as an upperclassman, you can go with a cheaper meal plan.</li>
<li>Work to gain some local scholarships (while in HS) to offset some costs.</li>
<li>Take a part-time job while at UA.</li>
</ol>

<p>Hope that helps.</p>