Any suggestions for a transfer to live?

<p>I am definitely not going to the dorms.</p>

<p>Anyone have a preference over the different kind of apartments and renters?</p>

<p>I have also heard a little bit about the houses and duplexes.. a lot cheaper but not sure how nice they are compared to the apartments.</p>

<p>Any suggestions would be great! Thanks.</p>

<p>Wide range from dumps to new penthouses. First decision is live alone or have roommates. There are lots of both situations to be had. How much do you want to spend?</p>

<p>Definitely roommates so I get to meet people, it'll probably be random people cause I don't know anyone down there. Maybe I could find someone looking to sublease?</p>

<p>The highest I wanna pay is probably $600</p>

<p>And I'd prefer being closest to campus than like downtown or anything else I think...</p>

<p>TRy Craig's List--many listings.</p>

<p>Also check under "off campus housing" under the Student Life more... heading on the UW website. You can see what is available in various locations around campus based on criteria you select. By now a lot of the most popular apartments are already leased for fall.</p>

<p>Are you looking for now or in August?</p>

<p>For August... so I should probably look into signing a lease within the month?</p>

<p>No. Read the website info about apt hunting.</p>

<p>When should I start looking into signing a lease?</p>