Any Transfers?

<p>Im a transfer student and I was just wondering if any of you have heard anything from Geneseo for the fall semester!</p>

<p>I'm a transfer too...haven't heard anything yet!</p>

<p>ok good! i was getting worried. Do you know when were going to hear? i expected to hear around march 1st, but I'm not sure now!</p>

<p>The letter I got when I applied said decisions would be made in mid-February and "continue throughout the spring as applications are received and completed." My college transcript was sent about a month ago. Doesn't seem to be an exact date. Seeing everyone else getting their decisions is making me anxious though.</p>

<p>yeah. I applied last semester and was deferred because i applied about a month late. My file has been complete since january, so i was hoping to get it sooner then later. guess well be waiting longer. keep my updated as i will to you!</p>

<p>i got my letter today! so you should hear anytime!</p>

<p>Yeah I got in last week and I applied in December.</p>

<p>congrats! im so pumped!</p>

<p>Still waiting here...</p>

<p>Congratulations btw :P</p>

<p>aloysius, when did you apply?</p>

<p>Applied 1/12 and completed mid-February.</p>

<p>I am a non-traditional student (meaning I am probably as old or older than your parents, lol) and I just got my acceptance letter today.</p>

<p>I am finally finishing off my degree in art.</p>

<p>hello, hello.
i received my acceptance letter for transfer to geneseo last friday. i am still waiting to hear from St. Mary's College of MD, the state's public honors college. i'm OOS & haven't visited geneseo...anyone who goes there want to share some insights on what the schools is like? anything you could compare it to culturally? does it have a state school feel (i.e. party school...i heard about that kid who died in the unofficial frat house, 'the pigs'...needless to say it makes me wonder)? i'm coming from u. pittsburgh in pa and that was definitely way too big and way too much craziness. </p>

<p>and please, the standard "you can find your niche they have all different types of students" need not be mentioned. i've been to college already, i know this. but there is always a prevailing vibe to a campus, and that's what i'm interested in knowing about.</p>

<p>also, what are class sizes like? what is considered a "big" class at geneseo? i noticed that the student:faculty ratio is higher than pitt's (19:1 vs. 16:1) which is saying something when comparing a school with 5,000 vs. 18,000 undergrads.</p>

<p>i guess i'm just feeling skeptical regarding all the hype...</p>

<p>Congrats!! I'll give you a synopsis of Geneseo but I have never seen St.Mary's. I have visited Geneseo numerous times and know tons of people that go there.</p>

<p>Coming from Pitt, Geneseo will be a dramatic change in terms of surroundings.</p>

<p>Geneseo is in a small little village that is awesome. The town is literally right next to the college. Lots of good eateries, shops, bars, etc. However, the thing that is great about it, is that there is a Wal Mart, Wegmans (huge super-market chain in NY-not sure if they are where you're from), Wendy's, etc. less than ten minutes away when traveling by car. Rochester is the closest major city which is around 30-40 min away.</p>

<p>The academics are rigorous. Everyone I have talked to say the classes are challenging. People transfer to Geneseo from other SUNYs all the time because they are looking for a challenge that only Geneseo can offer.</p>

<p>Every building but the integrated science complex is old. This is the novelty of Geneseo.</p>

<p>Geneseo is built upon a hill and the landscape is beautiful. Lots of ivy on the walls, sunsets are great, and the quad is nice.</p>

<p>Geneseo students tend to have the "work hard, play hard" mentality. There is good amount of drinking and drug usage on the campus but you will get that with any college. The reason why is because there is not a whole lot of things do on the weekends but party. You can easily find other stuff, but most students don't like to take the time to find other things to do.</p>

<p>Everyone at Geneseo is friendly, and the student body is extremely bright too.</p>

<p>My only complaint about Geneseo is that the athletic complex is out-dated.</p>

<p>Anyways, its a really great school but I recommend visiting it before you make any decisions to see if it is for you. I can't comment on the class size because I am not a student. Good luck.</p>

<p>thanks sean, that was just what i needed. i agree, i think i will definitely have to visit before i make any final decisions.</p>

<p>and yes, i do know wegmans, haha. my grandparents are from binghamton & my aunt lives in rochester.</p>

<p>Accepted!!! :D</p>

<p>Was there some event the accepted transfer students were supposed to go to in March because if so, I missed it.</p>

<p>Transfer Day for admitted students was March 28th. However, I think you can still call admissions for a transfer credit evaluation. Campus tours and information sessions for particular departments are held almost every day---check SUNY</a> Geneseo Admissions Information Form.</p>

<p>Okay, thanks.</p>