Any U of Wisconsin OOS acceptance

Hello Fellow Parents,

Have any of your kids (OOS) been accepted by U of Wisconsin and did they early or regular decision. My D has not heard yet……received an email regarding scholarships to CAL……not sure is that is a good sign……

She received he acceptance from Michigan State and SMU….

Thanks!!

K

Nothing for this out-of-state applicant yet. Son applied early decision.

To maybe relieve some of your stress you should know there is no such thing as “early decision” at UW. Heck, last year I applied the first day the app. was available and didn’t here back until mid-December while some of my classmates who applied a day before the deadline heard far sooner than I. The only thing admissions promises is that you will have a decision of admit, deny, or postpone by the end of January and then you move from there. I know plenty of people who were accepted during the last week of the first application cycle. Nothing to worry about here.

Best of luck to you both and on, Wisconsin!

My son hasn’t heard yet either. He submitted his application in mid-September. We’re hoping that another decision wave will go out this week…

He was already accepted to IU Bloomington and OSU.

I’ll post when he hears. Good luck @erdockw and @d101parent !!!

We are OOS as well. My daughter applied very beginning of October and still no decision received as well. My son is a junior at UW-Madison applied same time frame as my daughter and heard back mid- November.

@erdockw… My daughter also got the scholarships email to CAL; not sure what that means either…

The deadline to apply for these scholarships might be before (or a few days after) the student receives a decision. You can apply before receiving a decision.

I applied in Mid October and still haven’t received a decision. They have sent out two waves of in state decisions but nothing for OOS/ International :frowning:

My son applied in Aug and has not had a decision. He has been accepted to Purdue and UMN Twin-cities for Engineering.

Sorry for the earlier post. Failed to edit quickly enough.

My son applied in early Sept and has not had a decision. The status said he would be evaluated in the “first wave”. He has been accepted to Purdue and UMN Twin-cities for Engineering.

The odd thing to me, is that when I look at Naviance for our high school, it seems like they are reasonably predictable in who they admit.

Above a certain stats level, applicants almost all get in, and below a certain level they rarely get in. There is only a modest mid-range group of students where it looks like they would need to review ten more carefully.

I would think that would save a lot of time.

Submitted mine October, yet to hear back