ANY UC Campus: Theatre/Film

<p>I was recently admitted for Fall 2014 to several UC Campuses (UCR, UCSC, UCI, UCSB) for Theatre (with Film and Media as my alternate major) and I’m waiting on UCLA and Berkeley. Does anyone have any information on the theatre/film programs at any of the UC campuses? Which is worst? Which is best? Thanks!</p>

<p>UCLA is the best! :)</p>

<p>I dunno about theater, but for film:
UCI: very theory based, little production. If that works for you, great! Otherwise, go somewhere else.
UCSC: I have heard nothing about the program other than a general sort of negativity.
UCR: No clue. Never really looked at it. Sorry.
UCSB: A popular major at the school with nice facilities. Some lovely programs to build connections to Hollywood, as well. If you don’t get in LA, this is probably your next best bet for film.
UCLA: Best film program of the UCs (and one of the best film programs in general).
Berkeley: I haven’t heard much about it, but like UCSC, I have received a mainly negative impression. <a href=“Does UC Berkeley has a good film program? - UC Transfers - College Confidential Forums”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/uc-transfers/999441-does-uc-berkeley-has-a-good-film-program.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

<p>I don’t know about theater, but UCLA has some of the best film professors ever! Many of them are well-connected, actual industry insiders. I regret not having actively pursued the minor, although it probably wouldn’t have happened anyway. </p>