Any UCLA transfer students?

<p>I’m currently a freshman and I dream of transferring over to one of the UC schools, specifically UCLA. I’m aware I won’t be able to until my Junior year and the school prioritizes those from community colleges, but I was wondering what makes for an application that will get me noticed and possibly accepted as an out of state student. I’m majoring in Psychology and currently attend a university near home that has gained a considerable reputation but whose strengths revolve around business and health sciences. I didn’t give myself the chance to apply in high school and I regret it now at this university. I’ve read over the requirements for transfer students, however I was wondering what traits accepted students held (average GPA, personal statement topics, number of extracurricular activities participated in.) What, as a Psych major, would I need to do to be considered a strong transfer candidate? This is such a broad question and I’m most likely not wording this correctly. My apologies, I’m new to online forums. Thank you to those that respond!</p>

<p>First question: can you afford the UC’s? </p>

<p>As an OOS student, you will be paying full fees which run about $55K-$60K per year. </p>

<p>California does not fund OOS students so no financial aid is available. Additionally, OOS CC students may not have the correct classes to transfer easily into the UC system. UC’s typically accept and “prioritize” students who attend California Community Colleges. The UC’s don’t have articulation agreements with OOS community colleges, so they don’t have to accept you, as you will probably be lacking a number of California UC requirements. </p>