Any use appealing?

<p>My standardized test scores are comparatively high
(2280 SAT, 720 & 790 SAT II’s)
And I took 4 AP tests and got 5,5,5,4</p>

<p>I have lots of good EC’s with leadership positions and awards in them.</p>

<p>But here’s the thing, my GPA plummeted junior year. It went from a 4.0 freshman and sophomore year to 3.2 UW GPA both semesters junior year. It’s really frustrating because most of my B’s were 88’s and 89’s, and they might as well have been 80’s. Also, the AP and honors classes I took were considered difficult ones.</p>

<p>My essays weren’t phenomenal, but I thought they were decent. I didn’t have ridiculously high expectations, but I was hoping to be a spring admit or a waitlisted applicant.</p>

<p>My senior year grades are better. Should I try appealing to UCLA or UCB? Would applying for a different major help? Should I just not bother? Please be honest because I don’t want to waste my time if an appeal has no chance of making an impact.</p>

<p>I think you should appeal because even if you still dont get in…you have nothing to lose!</p>

<p>well the reality is that very few people get in from appeals considering they also have a waiting list and spring admits… What is your overall UC GPA? not to be harsh but those stats aren’t special to cal/ucla.</p>

<p>Appeal–you have nothing to lose.
However, make you you follow the proper procedures. I heard for some UC, you had to call the people and explain why you’re appealing first to get THEIR approval before sending a physical appeal.</p>

<p>Agreeing with all the posts :). You got nothing to lose, and you don’t want to regret not even trying.</p>

<p>My UC GPA is unfortunately only a 3.98.</p>

<p>I was admitted to UCI’s CHP and UCSD’s honors program so I hoped I would be accepted in some manner to either UCLA or UCB.</p>

<p>the only negative of appealing is that you wont know if it was successful till you a week before school starts</p>