Any wildcat in U of A/ hello?

<p>hi!
can somebody tell me whether the biology program is good in UA? I didn't get into honors college, but i got the International Student Scholarship...and that seems inviting..</p>

<p>What kind of GPA/test scores does an out of state student need to get into U of A as a business major?</p>

<p>RTgal: I don't know a lot, but U of A is supposedly good in the sciences.</p>

<p>NorthernCal: You don't apply to U of A as a business major, you apply as pre-business. You then do the pre-business curriculum and then apply to the business school as a sophomore. If you apply as a pre-business major the admissions are the same as the rest of the school (I think) which means that it isn't hard to get in at all. The average SAT for out-of-staters at U of A is around an 1120 I believe.</p>

<p>3.0 unweighted GPA, 3.4 weighted GPA, 1290 old SAT, 1930 new SAT. Do I have a 100% chance of getting in?</p>

<p>There is no way in hell that you will get rejected Poog, you might get a merit scholarship too.</p>

<p>2.8 u/w gpa (2.4 sophmore 3.0 jr) and 2030 sats, could i get in?</p>

<p>I think so. What about me? 3.0 u/w GPA, 1930 SAT</p>

<p>Sorry for being repetitive, I just want other opinions. U of A looks like the place for me. :)</p>

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I have a daughter who will be going to the U of A Honors college this fall. Is there anyone else on here who will also be going to U of A Honors? Since daughter will be flying on her own there, should she plan to purchase her own bike when she gets there? I heard that people bike a lot and she loves mountain biking. Is there a place to store bikes where they won't get stolen? Is there storage for the summer or Christmas break or do people rent storage units off campus?</p>

<p>Anyone else majoring in astronomy/physics/math/Spanish at U of A?</p>

<p>Have her wait til she gets there for a bike then buy something cheap. There are locked bikes taken everyweek. Winter break most people put them in their dorm rooms and summers they rent a storage room for all there stuff. The kids buy shelves and drawers for under the lofted beds. Plus the microwave and tvs and printer and phone and bedding and etc. It is too much money to ship back home and to Tucson again. Unless you work for UPS! </p>

<p>My D hasn't had a bike the 2 yrs she been there she just walks or hops the CAT trans. If your D is going to Bear Down Camp, this subject will be covered and many more. She will have at least 30 friends for life. My d still is good friends with most everyone from camp and was a counselor for BDC last yr they asked her to do it again this yr but she wanted to make a more money this summer.</p>