Any word on when notifications will be sent for the class of 2021 MT BFA Applicants?

Curious if anyone has any feedback on when decisions and notifications will be finalized? Thx

I heard by mid march

There’s been talk of either March 14 (per website) or March 17 (per discussions at auditions). Last year notifications went out via email on March 15. Best of luck to all!

Hey I work in the COPA recruitment office and all I artistic decisions will go out on March 14th provided your child has been academically accepted so be on the lookout!

Yes, my D has been accepted academically. Are notifications sent out via email , portal or US mail/snail mail or multiple channels?
Thank you!

Last year it was an email, followed by a packet in the snail mail.

@CTDramaMom is right! After all that within the following weeks you get a full financial report including need based scholarships too

Son just got a yes to musical theater from November audition! Love any info on program! Know it is a stellar dance program.

Emails went out early due to an incoming snowstorm! Congrats to your son! @phillyg007 I’m a freshman MT so let me know if you have any questions!!

And if you’d like a parent’s perspective, feel free to email me. My daughter is a freshman MT as well.

My son heard today also.

We heard today as well.

My son heard yesterday that he was waitlisted. @MTheatreKid what can you tell me about the waitlist? Is there any movement off the list? How big is it? Thanks!
Congratulations to @phillyg007!!!

@theatremom10, I can speak to the waitlist. My daughter auditioned as a transfer student two years ago. She was waitlisted for the BFA MT (the first year that they accepted students directly into the BFA). On April 30th, she came off the waitlist and is now a sophomore at the school. On May1st of that same year a number of people here posted that their children or they themselves also came off the waitlist. There is definitely movement but you may have to wait until the bitter end. My daughter had one acceptance that year to a school that she didn’t like after the audition so she had not committed anywhere. She was waiting out the waitlist.

@theatremom10 I would echo what @GSOMTMom said. There’s about 3 students from my class
Who came from the waitlist but it wasn’t until late April I don’t think

Thank you @GSOMTMom and @MTheatreKid !! My son currently has 3 acceptances and 4 waitlist schools. He will be in this until the bitter end…no doubt about it! We knew going into this process that this could happen…wish it didn’t but we know we have no control.

@theatremom10 My daughter also has a variety of WL and acceptances so we are settling in for the long haul as well. I think we are going to wait out the waitlists and get as much input as possible about the acceptances and just go with the flow. To be honest, I think this is making us more patient and she will take her time in really researching her options before making a final decision. This year has been such a whirlwind!

I agree @Onourown ! Being patient and researching the schools is the smart way to do it. We are on such a crazy ride here!! More acceptances and waitlists since I last posted too… We just have to hang on! Lol