AnyBody applying to Xavier University of Louisiana

<p>Here's my list:
1. Xavier LA
2.Howard
3.LSU
4.USC
5.MoreHouse </p>

<p>I was just wondering if anyone was applying to Xavier & why</p>

<p>Well I am not applying there however I know my cousin went there. I hope you are from Lousiana because it will be very hard going to school there. And make sure you visit to because Xavier was one of the hardest hit universities from Katrina and they are still trying to recover.</p>

<p>You have a good list though, but why are all the Well known universities on the bottom of you list?</p>

<p>LSU is good, academics are pretty good, but its mostly a football school, same with USC, however the Alumni Network is fantastic along with the academics(thats my number 1)</p>

<p>And MOREhouse?? Such a great institution. Black men that go to that university are so well educated and well aware of their culture and who they are. Also their alumni network is great too. </p>

<p>You have a great list.
but with Xavier be careful, because my cousin left because of Katrina and because she felt that taking classes were a hassle because she had to go to different campuses that weren’t hit that hard, and it is still like that.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice, and yes I am from Louisiana …Lol</p>

<p>These are not in any particular order, I just listed them, morehouse is my #1</p>

<p>And yes my aunt & cousin went to Xavier and they were accepted to medical schools and I’ve read it’s #1 in the nation for placing African americans into medical school. Te campus is just finish a new pharmacy pavilion that is nice & there rebuilding & remodeling a lot so hopefully it will be peachy when I go …Thank you :)</p>

<p>Hello!</p>

<pre><code> I’m so excited to see that Xavier is on your lists of schools to apply to, you won’t regret it! I’m currently a student there and I must say that I LOVE IT! Not only will you have a wonderful experience while you’re there but when you graduate, you will have a great name to back you up. If you’re plans are to apply to Med school or any other type of professional school, then you have picked the right place. Xavier is not easy but no school with a great reputation will ever be. The classes there are made to prepare you to become a better person and also to prepare you for your future. As far as the campus goes, everything is up and running. In fact, we are getting several new facilities that will be opening in the fall of 2011. I think that you should look into the other schools as well though, because they are all great schools, and pick which ever one fits you best. But one thing you need to remember is that focus is KEY and that is one thing that Xavier drills into its students from day one, take it from me. The types of programs that Xavier has for pre-med and pre-dental students are probably not even comparable to any other school, and that is probably why we are still number one in placing minorities into med school. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, I’ll be glad to help. Good luck and I hope you make the right choice.
</code></pre>

<p>Thank you SO much for your reply.</p>

<p>Yes I visit XULA.edu like every day to look at the premed track. And all kinds of Xavier distinctions. </p>

<p>I have a couple of questions I would like to ask tho.</p>

<ol>
<li>How is financial aid? </li>
<li>If you live in a dorm how is life around campus?</li>
</ol>

<p>P.S I’m a HS senior with a 3.6 GPA & a 24 on my ACT (Planning to retake shooting for 27) am I at least competitive for any kind of scholarship ?</p>