Anybody else doing Bama Bound on July 9-10?

<p>Junior will probably stay in the hotel with us on Sunday night, and then I guess he is supposed to check into the dorm on Monday morning before he stars his orientation. If anybody has any advice on making this work, I’m all ears.</p>

<p>I’m hoping he gets all of his AP scores by then. It would be a drag to have to switch classes around after re-registering.</p>

<p>My whole family will be there for this Bama Bound. It’s the last Honors session. We are all staying in the dorms. The students stay separate from us. It will be an interesting experience for us.</p>

<p>We will be there! I thought they checked in July 8th into a dorm (we are staying in a hotel), and then start orientation on the 9th.
We are also worried about the AP scores…:frowning: At least D got a room today. Phew!</p>

<p>My son is going (with myself and my daughter) He is checked into the dorm for Sunday night as well :slight_smile: my daughter and I are in the Hilton Garden Inn. </p>

<p>As far as AP scores go, you can call on July 1 to get the AP scores as we probably won’t have received them in the mail before leaving.</p>

<p>On another note, slippy I’m glad your son decided on BAMA!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>We are going to that BB as well. Hubby, little sis and I have reservations for the dorms on the 8th and 9th. It sounds like a great time. That little trip is our summer vacation, lol!</p>

<p>Ya’ll should all meet up and have pizza or meet for dinner or something. For those of you staying at the Hilton Garden Inn you need to try Archibald and Woodrows. Their wings are terrific! Don’t be taken back by the outward appearance of the building. The food is fantastic and it is very close to the Hilton…across from Academy Sports on Greensboro Avenue.</p>

<p>-Bay area mom- how old is little sis? I’m bring my 16 year old daughter and 14 year old son to stay in the dorms.</p>

<p>Our daughter is 14, will your kids be doing the sibling orientation as well?</p>

<p>Yes, we are all doing sessions. I’m hoping at some point to get them to the water slide too.</p>

<p>My DD is going. Most likely alone if I can get myself to feel ok about her getting back and forth to airport alone. I know it is a trial run but not as many resources available during the summer so I am nervous.</p>

<p>We’ll be there. D#1 will be meeting her roomie for the first time. Both are midwesterners but different states. D#2 will be 15y and attending the sibling orientation.
Hotel for us.</p>

<p>Kaylynsmom-let me know if you’ve exhausted all of your possibilities. I know a few students who will be on campus and may be willing to make an airport run for $$.
ps My daughter is flying alone to Ttown in the morning. This will be her first solo flight. I’m anxious for her. I just informed her that she was driving to the airport in the morning. She said, “I don’t even know how to get there. Do I take hwy XX?”
Oh geez. That is the ONE hwy that you DON’T want to take. Dad is riding shotgun so he’ll be there for a little guidance. I don’t do 4am, unless I’m ending up at the beach.</p>

<p>@ Proud mama, little sis is 16! Same age as your daughter. She is signed up for the sibling orientation program.</p>

<p>My D who is a rising freshman is doing the sibling orientation as well :slight_smile: she is a houndstooth and crimson BAMA fan already!</p>

<p>"Kaylynsmom-let me know if you’ve exhausted all of your possibilities. I know a few students who will be on campus and may be willing to make an airport run for $$. "</p>

<p>Thank you Asaunmom- I will keep that in mind.</p>

<p>-Bay area mom- great! They will have company. We are bringing swim suits just in case, and we are planning a trip to Dreamland BBQ, even though my daughter is vegetarian. It would be awesome for them to make new friends!</p>

<p>BUMPing up to see if there are more attending these dates</p>

<p>We will be attending BB July 9 and 10 also! S is staying in the dorms beginning the night before and my H, D and I will be staying in a hotel. My D is 16 so I am so glad to see that others near her age will be attending the sibling orientation, too! Ought to be lots of fun!</p>

<p>Update – Junior will now be staying in the dorm Sunday night. </p>

<p>As for me… my butt will be in a comfy hotel.</p>

<p>My son and I will be attending the July 9-10 session - flying in on Sunday (from Chicago suburbs). My son will be in the dorms Sunday and Monday night. I will be in a hotel somewhere (haven’t made my reservations yet). This is my first time seeing the campus - H and S were down for the initial visit in December.</p>