Anybody TCU????

<p>I was just wondering if anyone on CC knew anything about TCU. I applied uncommon app, and haven't received word yet.</p>

<p>i applied with the uncommon app too, got accepted already
probably not going though. its nice school in dallas with a crazy tennis team, but other than that...</p>

<p>i applied with the uncommon app too, got accepted already
probably not going though. its nice school in dallas with a crazy tennis team, but other than that...</p>

<p>TCU is in Fort Worth, not Dallas. SMU is in Dallas.</p>

<p>Aren't Dallas and Fort Worth the same metropolitan area? I have not yet visited. but I hear good things!!!</p>

<p>Dallas and Fort Worth are sometimes combined as the "metroplex", but they are definitely two separate and distinct cities. In my opinion, Fort Worth is less pretentious than Dallas.</p>

<p>How far apart are they? I.E. TCU and SMU. I have a really close friend goin to SMU, and I want to know how easy it will be for us to hang out. thanx!!!</p>

<p>oh yeah, my bad, tcu is in ft.worth. tcu is about an hour away from smu, and thats probably without traffic. heres a map </p>

<p><a href="http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&2si=navt&un=m&2gi=0&cl=EN&ct=NA&2n=DALLAS+COUNTY&2da=-1.000000&2rc=L1AAA&rsres=1&1y=US&1a=2800+S+UNIVERSITY+DR&1c=FT+WORTH&1s=TX&1z=&2y=US&2a=6425+BOAZ+LN&2c=DALLAS&2s=TX&2z=75205%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&2si=navt&un=m&2gi=0&cl=EN&ct=NA&2n=DALLAS+COUNTY&2da=-1.000000&2rc=L1AAA&rsres=1&1y=US&1a=2800+S+UNIVERSITY+DR&1c=FT+WORTH&1s=TX&1z=&2y=US&2a=6425+BOAZ+LN&2c=DALLAS&2s=TX&2z=75205&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>i was bored. </p>

<p>flyerfly, i think all big, and most small, cities in texas are pretty pretentious. texas thinks its the s*** but its really not, and it seems like most people willingly fit a stereotype. </p>

<p>anyway, smu and tcu are huge rivals. i have two friends that go to smu and they almost burned me for applying to tcu, and for saying how crappy thier football team was. both schools have nice campuses though.</p>

<p>how are the academics at TCU??? im from california and im applying to some schools in Texas......TCU, SMU, Southwestern, Baylor, Trinity, Austin College, UT-Austin...im neither really liberal nor conservative, I am a good christian girl but i can party, lol. which school would be the best fit for me!!? possible majors: business, communications/journalism, philosophy</p>

<p>hmmm, well i'm applying to rice (2nd choice) and ut-dallas (back up if dont get in anywhere). two of my friends go to smu and say its a really good school, but then again they GO there. baylors a good school but waco is so crappy, trinity is also a great school for law and san antonio is better than waco. ut austin has an boring downtown campus with just buildings...EVERYWHERE...its huge. i dont know to much about southwestern in georgetown or austin college. tcu is a decent school with a nice campus.</p>

<p>of the camuses i've seen and know students who go there (utaustin, smu, tcu, baylor) i'd rank them overall as
1 tcu<br>
2 smu<br>
3 baylor<br>
4565566 ut...dont go!</p>

<p>dont know much about your major at the schools, sorry.</p>

<p>
[quote]
dont know much about your major at the schools, sorry.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>my friend from smu said that it has a good business program.</p>

<p>UT's campus is beautiful, i dont know what you're talking about. plus Austin is one of the best towns in the US, and definetly one of the top five college towns</p>

<p>AUSTIN may be a great town, but UT is ugly, compared to a lot of the colleges i've been too. its just building, streets, and some green patches of grass every once in a while. and it doesnt seem like its really a campus since its mixed in with downtown. i've seen a lot of college campuses way better than UT. dont know about you..</p>

<p>every college ive visited besides Pitt had a much better campus than UT. but for a state school on the drag in Austin, i think UT's campus is awesome. however, one of my main problems with it, was like you said, the campus and city kind of mix together</p>

<p>the UT tower is a great building, it gets overlooked because of the history behind it though</p>

<p>coqui, ut austin is ranked as one of the top ten most beautiful campuses in the country, and I have seen it myself.. very good</p>

<p>squirrel</p>

<p>who exactly ranked UT campus as one of the top ten in the country. maybe top ten PUBLIC campuses in TEXAS, but top ten in the COUNTRY? i doubt it. i could name a lot more than ten university's with a much more beautiful campus. stanford, emory, duke, westpoint, vanderbilt, miami, rice, baylor, tulane, smu...just getting started. anyway, i still think its ugly compared to all the campuses i've seen.</p>

<p>When exactly did the TCU forum, turn into a debate about how ugly or not UT's campus is. Not to be rude, but UT has a subcategory, this discussion could continue very nicely there.</p>

<p>haha...to bring it back to the main subject, TCU has a better campus than UT.</p>

<p>my sister is a freshman at TCU this year and she loves it. beautiful campus and from her dorm it's only like 10 minutes walking distance from Macaroni Grill, Rockfish, Chili's, other cool restaraunts</p>

<p>3.6585 gpa
1354 sat
30 ACT
112/678
Student council soph and junior years
NHS
plays baseball and football
350 community service hours
ASL Club</p>

<p>give me an honest answer thanks</p>