Anybody TCU????

<p>UT campus definitely isn't beautiful, but Austin is a great college town with lots of clubs and nightlife and stuff. After all, it is the Live Music Capital!</p>

<p>finally someone who agrees the campus is booty.</p>

<p>and william, you're in with your stats for sure. but how can did you get a "1354" on your sat? haha...gotta love typos.</p>

<p>Sorry, but I had to reply to this one when I heard that somebody from SMU was badmouthing our football team. I couldn't help but laugh at that. Just remember 44-0, and we had a bad year this year.</p>

<p>As far as TCU compared to SMU and Baylor. We are the exact opposite of Baylor. The average Baylor student is extremely Christian, and does very little partying (according to a couple friends that have gone there). The only religious thing about TCU is the 1 semester of religion that you are required to take. If you care about athletics, we have beaten SMU at pretty much everything this year (football, M&W basketball, etc) and I would expect that trend to continue.</p>

<p>Our campus is beautiful, it seems like they replace the flowers, which are all over campus, about every 2 weeks.</p>

<p>One of the big rumors you hear about TCU is that the campus is 75% female, which is untrue. There are many, many beautiful Texas (and other states too, I guess) ladies here, but the ratio is closer to 60/40 girls to guys. So far, everybody has been friendly, professors are very approachable, and I haven't had 1 TA teach any of my classes. </p>

<p>As far as how close we are to SMU, it is probably a good 45 minute drive to get there, we are on the southwest side of Fort Worth and SMU is on the east side of Dallas, but it is pretty much a straight shot once you are on I-30.</p>

<p>If you aren't into the frat/sorority thing, there is plenty of stuff to do on the weekends. We are about 5-10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and Sundance Square, and maybe 30-35 minutes from Deep Ellum (where all the local bands play, and all the bars are in Dallas).</p>

<p>Also, I got in last year with a 1310 SAT , 91% GPA, class rank was like barely in the top 1/2, basically no EC's, and I didn't even have to write an essay for my app. But, it will be harder to get in this year, because last year, the least amount of students that they would take was like 1,500 or something, this year, that is the most amount of students they will take.</p>

<p>And I don't know much about those majors (I'm a psych major, possibly pre-med), except that I think our business school is pretty strong, it seems like everybody you meet is business or e-business. I think we are ranked lower then SMU though as far as business schools. But if any of yall are thinking about pre-med, 90% of our pre-med students get accepted to medical school, and we have a pretty sweet observations program where we can go watch surgeries and shadow doctors in the ER, it's pretty neat.</p>

<p>But take this with a grain of salt, I do go to TCU, even though it was not my first choice (I wanted to go to Miami, and I even got in, but I couldn't afford it), but I love it here and if any SMU kid tries to make fun of TCU football, smack them across the face for me, 44-0!!!! Muck the Fustangs!!!</p>

<p>does TCU have a physical therapy program and if so is it good? how about Baylor?</p>

<p>Yes, TCU does have a physical therapy program. They are currently expanding the building for health sciences as well so it will be a brand new state of the art facility in 2014.</p>