Anybody's kids going back early for the game

<p>It seems like this Christmas break is going so quick. My son has to be back at school on January 5th for band practice for the big game. It seems like he just got home and he will be gone next week. I sure wish he had that extra time with us.</p>

<p>We are still figuring out how he may get back. He is trying to connect with band members for a possible ride. I think we may be driving him. I guess that could count as injury to insult. Having him go back early and us driving 12 hours to get him there(: Flying may still be an option as we have points just have to get him a ride from BHM to T-Town. Oh the joys of out of state schooling. On the very plus side I overheard him tell his buddies that he loves Bama. Than he added I don’t know anyone that doesn’t like the school. Positive comments all around.</p>

<p>Happy New Year to all. What a year it has been. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>* On the very plus side I overheard him tell his buddies that he loves Bama. Than he added I don’t know anyone that doesn’t like the school. Positive comments all around.</p>

<p>Happy New Year to all. What a year it has been. Roll Tide. *</p>

<p>Glad to hear that all is going so well for your son. :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Everyone is excited in Alabama for the big game. Tonight we were at Outback Steakhouse and many were in Alabama spiritwear and the servers were saying “Roll Tide” to everyone. It’s been quite a roll for the state having teams in the BCS for 3 years straight. Don’t know if any other state has done that. </p>

<p>On another note: A J McCarron’s brother is transferring to Bama and is going to be a walk-on. </p>

<p>*McCarron’s younger brother, Corey McCarron, said Thursday he will transfer to Alabama in January and walk-on to the football team. </p>

<p>Corey (6-0, 240 pounds) was a freshman tight end at South Alabama last season. He said the reason for the move is a desire to play football with his older brother. </p>

<p>The two played together at St. Paul’s, memories Corey said he cherishes. Corey finished his high school career at Spanish Fort. </p>

<p>“I missed playing with AJ,” Corey said. "That’s something I always wanted to do. The two years I played with him I loved it. Deep down, I wanted to play with AJ.
*</p>

<p>DD heads south tomorrow am (Driving 11 1/2 hrs)…we will miss here but have thoroughly enjoyed the past 2 weeks we have had with her. She has a VERY busy semester and of course the trip to NOLA will be a highlight. We won’t see her again until April when I head down for Parents Weekend at her sorority (already booked the room). She and a very large group of friends will be spending Spring Break in Destin.</p>

<p>@ahpimommy, is that the parents’ weekend for all the sororities, or just DD? I want to visit sometime in the spring, and had been thinking of going in March to see a gymnastics competition. Probably can’t do both.</p>

<p>My D is going back a couple days early to hook up with friends. They will be traveling to NOLA, statying with relatives of one of her friends, and will be there just to experience the hoopla! What Fun!!! No tickets, but should be a blast just to be there, right? Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Juniebug…as far as I know just DD’s sorority but others had them on the same weekend last year…you might ask your DD to ask when she returns. It would be fun if we were in town at the same time :).</p>

<p>^^^ Yes it would!</p>

<p>My son is flying from BWI to BHM on the 7th. He wanted to return early, as he hopes to head to NOLA for the game. </p>

<p>hokiefan: Send me a PM. Perhaps my son may know someone who can get yours at the airport if he chooses to fly back.</p>