Anyone Accepted Yet?

<p>No - they accepted well over 925, because not all admittances choose to go to Geneseo. They probably accepted about 4000 applicants.</p>

<p>yeah, geneseo's acceptance rate is ~45% and the percentage of those who actually enroll is probably ~33%.</p>

<p>i hate SUNYs really. all sunys in general. it really sucks to live in NY when there are no merits for going to a SUNY school.</p>

<p>plenty of you here are WELL above SUNY's average gpa yet we don't get any scholarships only an acceptance.</p>

<p>go to any other state, and I guarantee you'll either get a full ride, or thousands of dollars in scholarships.</p>

<p>don't forget that SUNY costs 15,000 dollars (in a place where hell has frozen over) for instate!</p>

<p>btw i got in</p>

<p>Yeah, I got in too. However your thinking may be a bit off. If you're are a middle class income student, you will get no financial aid at most private institutions. -- as I am. I have been accepted to NYU, Northeastern, Quinnipiac, Marist, and Ithaca. I got merit money at Q, and Marist--I am expecting some at Northeastern, and not at BU or NYU, and I cannot understand why I did not get any at Ithaca, although I did not apply for the leadership scholarship that they sent me because I did not like Ithaca . If you are middle class, as I am, and are considering graduate school, law school etc. it makes sense to go to a great state school for 4 years, and then to a prestigious grad school.</p>

<p>yes but geneseo isn't well known especially for grad. school.</p>

<p>couple that with the fact that geneseo is a very tough liberal arts school (i'm not saying that this is a bad school whatsoever, its pretty good), you work hard only to have the adcoms at grad. school ask where SUNY Geneseo is etc.</p>

<p>the thing that ****es me off is that Pataki and those corrupt politicians who run NY keep on raising tuition, we have the highest taxes in the entire country, yet we have one of the worst state systems (15,000 for INSTATE!!!!!!!!!!!) due to the corruption withint the SUNY administration, lack of any scholarships for students that excel (really like communism because person A for example has an A average with 1600 and pays 15,000 versus person B who gets a C average with a 1000 still pays 15,000!!!!)</p>

<p>any other state system gives full rides/big scholarships regardless of class solely on merit (new jersey, massachusetts, uc, florida, texas, vermont, etc etc etc)</p>

<p>for 15,000 dollars (actually 16,000 seeing as they're raising tuition by another 1000 (for the greedy coffersr of the SUNY administration)), you can go to a much more reputable school (more well known), imo.</p>

<p>mmod: jesus christ, chill out, what'd suny ever do to you? go out of state. if you think you "deserve" money from the state of new york, then you'd get it from other state schools. i perfer you go to a state that doesn't have a school that i'd end up at, though.</p>

<p>also suny DOES give merit aid. if you're admitted to the honors colleges of your schools your tuition is greatly reduced and i know a number of people who have been admitted to suny schools with FULL RIDES (they have A averages and 13-1400s, not 1600s). perhaps you should do some research and read the schools' websites before you go and turn all of your posts into angry, whining tirades.</p>

<p>i think the real reason suny is so shoddy (well in terms of rankings and ny residents' opinions) is we have so many good private colleges here in ny and in the north east. kids from ny really heavily dominate enrollment in elite private schools and suny just ends up with the refuse (no offense suny folk, i'd be happy to end up at bing).</p>

<p>Seriously though MMood, simmer down. Geneseo is a very good school from what I've heard and seen, but I have lots of friends who go there, and they tell me it isn't really THAT hard. A couple of my friends a bio majors with a 3.6 and a 3.4 and they say they don't really have to bust their ass all that much, and from the amount of partying they do, I am inclined to believe them.</p>

<p>I got into Geneseo RD! So excited!!! However, my friend from a different school got put on the "select waitlist." Is this different that the "waitlist" or do they not have a waitlist and it is only the "select waitlist?" Any info would be greatly appreciated...</p>

<p>I bet the waitlist is "you're rejected unless some RD people tell us they're not going to come"</p>

<p>i'm going to withdraw my acceptance since i won't enroll.</p>

<p>your friend can have my slot.</p>

<p>I've heard that the reason none of the suny's are very good is because the state of new york decided against creating a flagship institution like chapel hill or ann arbor, therefore all suny schools have somewhat mediocre reputations. i'm a new york state resident and I also get annoyed not only because I feel like all the suny's are essentially the same and incredibly dull but also because they are so expensive compared to other public schools that offer much better educations to in state students for much more reasonable prices. I'm praying my parents will be able to pay for a private school out of state, the sooner I can get out of dreary binghamton the better...</p>

<p>I hear you. My relatives live in Binghamton, and dreary is the exact word that comes to mind whenever I visit.</p>

<p>I live in Vestal, we share the Binghamton dreariness... Thankfully, in ~5.5 months, I will no longer live within the dreariness.</p>

<p>if you withdraw your application can they give your spot to somebody else?</p>

<p>well, since they're sure i'm not coming, they'd give my spot away to someone on the waitlist so they can have full enrollment in the fall.</p>

<p>anyone doing that visit weekend thing for minorities April 14-16?</p>

<p>My d was accepted RD with an invitation to write an additional essay for a potential place in the honors program. According to the letter, the invite was extended to about 200 admitees. 10 will be accepted into the honors program with a scholarship of 3400 per year. In other literature there was no mention of any other merit money she might be eligible for.</p>

<p>My son is deciding between Geneseo and Ursinus, 50/50 at this point. He'll major in bio. Any insights?</p>

<p>hey guys, what is so dreary about binghamton?
are u talking about SUNY Binghamton or Binghamton the place?
ive applied to geneseo for this jan 2006.</p>

<p>I have a friend who's going to geneseo, do they allow people to choose their roomates??</p>