Anyone applying to Welch Summer Scholars 2022?

Applied to Welch this year and received an email that results will be out mid-late April. Right now this is the program I want to get into the most, but given how competitive it is, I applied to a few others. Hmu if you wanna share essays lmao

Hi, did you get in?

Unfortunately I did not :frowning: I thought my application was good but I guess the competition was just too tough this year. Thankfully, I can still apply next year. How’d you do?

I did not either, sucks. Are you located in Dallas and did you apply to any other programs?

Hey, so turns out I was actually waitlisted to the program… while I hope that i can attend, realistically I’m sure its a low chance given the prestige of the program (i.e. i think everyone who got in will accept lmao)

and no, I’m actually from houston. i applied to a few other programs:

-Greehey CCRI
-PACT (accepted but not attending :frowning: )
-Eugene and Ruth Roberts summer academy
-NASA internship

Waitlisted is great! Did they send out a subsequent email letting you know about the waitlist? Good luck, let me know if you end up getting in.

As i predicted everyone accepted lmao :sob: and i emailed them about something else and they just told me i was on the waitlist