Anyone Attending Purdue's For Me on 2/20?

<p>Hi All. My S is accepted into Krannert and is attending Purdue's for Me on 2/20. We are from NJ, first visit to campus for the whole family. Looking forward to it. If you are attending too, where you are from and what will you be studying? Is Purdue your first choice? If not, where else are you considering? Thanks.</p>

<p>I’ll be there with my son. He’s planning on majoring in civil engineering.</p>

<p>We’re just travelling from southern Indiana. Being in-state, Purdue was the first college we visited during his junior year (almost 18 months ago), so we’re returning for a ‘refresher visit’ before making a final decision.</p>

<p>Right now Purdue is in the top 3 for us. My son still has his fingers crossed for MIT (he was deferred EA), and Alabama is still in the running due to the scholarships. He’s been accepted to a couple other schools, but I don’t foresee getting enough aid from them to make them reasonable choices.</p>

<p>From what I remember from our first visit, the dining halls are excellent and the dorms are terrible.</p>

<p>Being from Indiana, I find it humerous to see Purdue listed as a suburban school. I assume they’re considering West Lafayette a suburb of Lafayette? It’s a decent size for a college town, but there’s not really a ‘city’ there. And if you venture outside of Lafayette all you’ll find is the cornfields of Indiana for miles and miles in any direction. But Purdue’s a big school and there is a lot to do on campus. </p>

<p>I have relatives in the area, so if you need any recommendations/directions/etc, send me a message.</p>

<p>Unfortunately I can’t go since I would have to take time off from school</p>

<p>How was your trip to Purdueville???</p>