Anyone Attending UM?

<p>Ok so ive pretty much decided to attend UM. I paid the deposit to reserve a spot and I paid another one at Purdue just in case i really hate UM when i visit, but i doubt it. im 95% sure im going to UM unless the school goes down with a hurricane or somethin in the next month Lol :D.</p>

<p>Anyone else attending or "leaning" towards going to UM?</p>

<p>IF so why?</p>

<p>Im gonna pick UM mostly becuz I love Miami and I want to get a Job in Miami in the future. If i go to UM's Bschool i should defiantely land a great job in Miami as according to the Wall street Journal, its ranked number 10 in the regional category (Purdue is #1 :P in regional category) but i really dont wanna risk the chances i have to end up living up north without any family nearby :P</p>

<p>ya i just decided to attend UM a couple of days ago. i am going there mostly because my program is one of the best there. But i also fell in love with the campus as i am sure you will also. Where are you from?</p>

<p>D will not be attending, in spite of 3/4 scholarship. 3/4 off of way too much, is still too much. Oh well.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I paid the deposit to reserve a spot and I paid another one at Purdue

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Isn't that incredibly frowned upon?</p>

<p>Well, Purdue is non bidning. and get a refund at the end. Im 95% certain im going to attend UM.
I paid a refundable $45 dollar housing registration at Purdue cause their deadline was March 1 and i hadnt heard from Miami at that time so I had to.
I guess now i got to mail them telling them i want my greens back :D</p>

<p>Canes I am from Florida but i have lived in a ton of Latin American countries cause my dad was sent to work abroad. I have seen the campus everytime I drive by US-1 in Miami but never actually took the time to go visit. It looks nice from webcams though :D. Ive seen the area though a ton of times and i gotta tell u, the area is awesome. it couldnt get any better.</p>

<p>I am attending UMiami as a freshman next year :) The campus is beyond amazing, I love the great weather, and as an international studies major I'm pretty much set- I get to experience a multicultural lifestyle both on and off campus - not to mention the hefty scholarship I've received from the school. Best choice for me by far :) Go Canes!</p>

<p>I would if it weren't so darn expensive. It has a very good premed program.</p>

<p>didnt u get a scholarship though Chavez?</p>