Anyone DENIED or DEFERRED for spring grades?? TAMU Fall 2017 Transfer

Hey everyone!

I wanted to start a discussion for transfer who have been denied or deferred for spring grades and you can also put why or your stats.

Post updates as you get them!

Thanks and GIG EM!!

Howdy! I submitted my application, and it’s still being processed, but I’m positive I’ll be deferred for the Spring since I do not have the 24 hours of coursework required for transfer.
Stats:
Freshman
23 transferable credits (39 after this semester)
English major
Applied for Liberal Arts college
4.0GPA
What were yours, if that was also the case?

@litcriterally yeah you’ll probably be deferred if you don’t have the 24 hours, they are very strict about that!

Stats:
Sophomore
44 credits (2.48 gpa)
Transferred from Texas tech university
Applied in the architecture college

I was deferred for my gpa :frowning: I really hope I get in thought, I’m freaking out!

stats
sophomore
64 transferable credits
3.34 gpa
transferred from Lone Star College
Applied in the CNS
Im taking Cal 2, physic 2, Organic Chem 2, and MicroBio
I was deferred for my spring grades

1 Like

@lovepink002 have you heard back from admissions? I have a 2.5 with 70 hours and was denied admission. not sure if i want to reapply for the spring semester as my grades will be much better then, or just transfer elsewhere

@diamondeyes yes, I’ve been asked to send in my spring grades. What are your stats and what major did you apply for?

@lovepink002 I think by the end of this week I’ll get deferred. They actually never put my transcript on file until I called and then had to email them a transaction receipt stating they “downloaded” the document back in February. They said by the end of the week I’ll know. Do you know anything about transfer scholarships? I’m kind of freaking out thinking about not getting any because we send our transcripts in May/June and all the scholarships will be gone. :frowning:

@litcriterally yeah I was concerned about scholarships too. TAMU does it comepletly different, but I’m pretty sure the deadlines would have already passed by the time we are admitted. But check the website…I think here’s some links to transfer scholarships and the deadlines should be listed there.

I received a deferral for Spring grades today. I kinda thought I might because I’m just now taking the 2 recommended courses this semester. Good Luck everyone in June that’s been deferred!

@mudboat good luck to you too! What are your stats?

just got deferred for civil engineering
guess theres a few more months of waiting

@lovepink002 thanks! My stats are 3.42, 33 credit hours, applied to College of Arch, Construction Science. I’m currently taking 2 of the recommended courses on the transfer course sheet.

I got deferred on February 1st but I just saw that this thread existed
Stats:
Currently in second ever semester of college
1st Choice: Aerospace Engineering
2nd Choice: Computer Engineering (Computer Science Track)
4.0 GPA and my essay was alright
Transferring from Electrical Engineering at Texas Tech
In a couple weeks I’ll have 28 graded hours completed with a 4.0 still probably and 54 total hours with AP credits, I got deferred because I only have 14 GPA hours rn

I got deferred awhile back because I do not have enough hours.
I am currently finishing up my second semester.
Current stats:
18 hours
3.67 GPA
By the end of the semester I will have:
34 hours
Transferring into Economics

I got deferred also awhile back most likely because I was taking a required math course this semester. I applied to transfer into Psychology.

Stats when I applied:
Sophomore
38 hours
3.5 GPA

After this semester:
56 hours
3.67 GPA

@Kimberlytori I’m in the SAME exact boat. I had 3.67 GPA 36 hours when applying to psych br needed math Bc I was in trig and calculus

@p0726n Payge! Hey haha lol wondering if you are still sending in spring grades?

Yeah just to see ya know;) @Kimberlytori

What about you ?

1 Like

@p0726n okay cool! Yes I am! If I get in, then I’m most likely going to commit to TAMU. If you decide to too, let me know!!