Anyone Doing the EE and Physics Double Major?

<p>Is anyone doing the EE/Physics double major? If so, please share your experience. Which classes or professors did you like best? How challenging is the work load? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!</p>

<p>Do you only want input from those double majoring in those subjects? If so, I don’t know if any are posting here.</p>

<p>I can tell you that my kids liked the following profs for Physics… (my kids weren’t physics majors).</p>

<p>Dr. Stanley Jones
Dr. Gary Mankey
Dr. leclair
Dr. Karatheodoris (not sure of spelling…lol)</p>

<p>My D liked both of her physics teachers: Dr. Dawn Williams and Dr. Claudia Mewes. Good teachers and very fair tests.</p>

<p>My D is an EE major but not getting the physics minor. Might be getting a math minor as it looks to only include one additional math course beyond what is required for EE.</p>

<p>I think Dr. Claudia Mewes has good reviews. Is her husband also a Physics prof? If so, I think he has good reviews as well.</p>

<p>Double major in EE/Physics was one of the main reasons that my son decided to choose Bama. It was comforting to him that a flow chart already exists for the double major, so he knows exactly was is expected of him. Professors in both departments were encouraging and told my son that it is very possible to do the double major in 4 years, especially since he has already some dual enrollment and AP credits. It is great to know that your kids liked most of their professors.</p>

<p>My son was heading back after break to get his double major designation for the ECE and Physics (or would that be triple - that eCe confuses me). He’s 2nd yr Junior (love those AP) and it’s a something he see’s (and has heard) is very doable in this situation. I wish we had first-hand knowledge to pass on but if you like I can see if there is anyone he knows who your son can talk to about it.</p>

<p>socal2bama- Any input on the double major will be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>I’ll see what information he has and who he’s talked to about it.</p>

<p>My S is an EE/Physics double major/ CBHP/History minor.
He’s just finishing up his first year and LOVES it!
I don’t remember the names of his teachers- I’ll ask him.
Feel free to PM me with any questions.</p>

<p>Yorba2Bama- I sent you a PM. Thanks!</p>