Anyone driving to Tampa area for Spring Break?

<p>My husband and I are going to be in the Tampa/St. Pete area during Bama’s Spring Break. 3/10/12</p>

<p>This opportunity allows our freshman son to join us. A round trip flight from BHM is about $400! Before he posts on Bama’s Ride Share, I thought I would ask here first. He will need a ride back to campus on 3/17th or 3/18th.</p>

<p>Son only needs a ride to I-75 (Atlanta, GA or south of that) on Friday 3/9/12. He can leave campus by 2:00pm. My husband and I are traveling south on I-75 in route to Indian Rocks Beach. </p>

<p>He will NOT need a ride back to campus on 3/18/12. We found a one way ticket frm Tampa to BHM for $100!</p>

<p>He keeps posting on Rideshare but no offers yet.</p>

<p>^^^Have a great time in Indian Rocks Beach! It is gorgeous. I spent a weekend there at the end of September. Make sure to eat at Salt Rock and visit the Suncoast Seabird sanctuary. And make sure to visit Winter at the Clearwater Aquarium. I wish I was heading that way myself for spring break, but we’ll be heading west back to the armpit of America.</p>

<p>I think I saw something about a ride share site on the UA class of 2016 Facebook page. Have your son check out fb and ask in student services if there is ride share info. We used to have a bulletin board with ride share info when I was in college. DD will be able to give him a ride next year.</p>

<p>I don’t know if this would work or what the cost is but have you looked into the airport to airport shuttle service (BHM to Atlanta). I recall it mentioned once as an option for possible cheaper flights. Who says you have to actually get on a plane. He may be able to hitch a ride to BHM. Good luck.</p>

<p>I will look into the BHM to ATL shuttle. I know my older son or his girlfriend can get him to BHM. I also will ask him to post a flyer on the bulletin boards in the dorms and class room buildings. </p>

<p>Keep the ideas coming, I like to have all these details worked out soon. (a little OCD)</p>

<p>I just called the Airport Express. They offer a shuttle to Atlanta’s airport from BHM for only $59. This may work! Thanks for the suggestion.</p>