Anyone else...

<p>So I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I got accepted, want to go REALLY bad, but cannot afford the OOS tuition. It's breaking my heart :(</p>

<p>10char bump?</p>

<p>Well i prefer not to pay OOS tuition, but wisconsin has one of the lowest and reasonable oos tuitions out there. Its actually not much higher than UIUC's in state tuition. you should be given some grants that could help you out. You could also move to wisconsin for a year and pay for half of everything that you need, and have parents pay for other half. that way you could get instate tuition for sophomore year, its not easy though, but you could look into it.</p>

<p>Residency rules are strict, need to work as well as live here- cost effectiveness may not be there. It is an unfortunate fact of life for many thousands of students that they can't afford to go OOS.</p>

<p>Residency rules are really tough. You have to work a specific number of hours as a non student for a year to be considered for residency. I graduated about 4 years ago, when I started OOS was less than 7 grand a semester, when I graduated it was 9 grand a semester. Ouch.</p>